Senior Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
Location; Windsor (with national travel)
You’ll support the Group Director for Technology and Engineering (GDT&E), including the Technology and Engineering Leadership Teams and Centrica Innovations, with the combined marketing and communications (marcomms) agenda. The marcomms agenda must align to the T&E strategy and the wider Centrica business priorities.
You will be able to use your marketing and communications expertise to assist in the creation, development and collaboration across the Technology, Engineering and Innovation Community. Also, oversee marcomms creations dedicated to Io-Tahoe (brochures, videos, web tools, stands at conferences).
- Promote what ‘good looks like’ by showcasing the application of physical and digital innovations across Centrica through development of the T&E intranet and the Technology & Engineering Quarterly (TEQ) magazine;
- Develop annual content plan for TEQ magazine and ensure output is delivered to a high standard;
- Successful delivery of the Technology & Innovation showcase.
- Input into the T&E monthly report updating on all activity.
Marketing/external communications (Io-Tahoe)
- Develop marcomms strategy to support go-to-market business plan;
- Oversee all marketing activity and implementation with direct report(s);
- Ensure delivery of integrated marketing campaigns for the successful product launch and lead generation;
- Provide marketing counsel to the core team;
- Lead on identification and on-boarding of the marketing communications agency to support product launch activities;
- Oversee and manage marketing budget.
Marketing/internal communications (Centrica Innovations - CI)
- Develop marcomms strategy to support Centrica Innovations;
- Oversee all related marketing/communications activity and ensure alignment with the CI business priorities;
- Work closely with Head of Ventures (CI); and establish CI working group to lead or support in work streams across group marketing, external relations, internal communications, social/digital, competitor intelligence and legal. CI working group will assist with successful roll-out/implementation of CI marketing communications plan.
- Degree in Marketing (or related subject) or Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification is preferable;
- Proven track record of delivery in a similar marketing position and have demonstrated the ability to manage digital platforms and external agencies with strong project management skills;
- Strategic communications and marketing planning;
- Deliver consistent digital branding and e-marketing communications;
- Experience of managing social media, responsible for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising plans;
- Brand management, implementation and management;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the technology landscape;
- Event, conference, exhibition planning;
- Integrated campaign planning, management and evaluation;
- Strong copywriting skills;
- Marketing budget planning and management;
- Proven record of Return On Investment (ROI) through metrics based measurement of marcomms activity and deliverables, using google analytics and other tools to trace website traffic to conversions (potential sales);
- Reputational issue and risk management;
- Proven multitasker with analytical and process management skills – able to identify, manage and juggle multiple high-priority issues and develop solutions;
- Confidence and credibility – presence to influence senior leaders, able to facilitate, orient and influence debate at that level.
Who We Are
Salary Circa; £100,000 (depending on experience) + bonus & excellent benefits
Here at Centrica, the Technology & Engineering (T&E) function further strengthens our capability by acting as a catalyst for innovation.
T&E provides guidance, insight and support to the business units in planning the right strategies to manage potential future technological disruption.
We focus on developing, integrating and innovating, either proprietary or commercial-off-the-shelf business solutions, including those based on data processing and digitally enabled devices, as well as third party technology. Our technology development is driven predominately by the Information Systems function, Connected Home (CH) and Distributed Energy and Power (DE&P) business units.