Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
- A proven track record of converting strategy to action.
- A demonstrable track record of translating vision, strategies and business requirements into clear, actionable goals and delivering excellent results and outcome.
- A successful track record of operating commercially and executing plans effectively.
- Experience of working with others to deliver exceptional results – strong collaborator.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the overall function strategy and vision.
- Work with Shared Services to ensure delivery and effective execution of the functional plan.
- Offer general advice, coaching, feedback and challenge where appropriate. Provide signposting for leaders/managers so that they receive appropriate support.
- Ensure that ER cases are referred to Shared Services and support HR Partner with resolution of the more sensitive and complex ER cases.
- Contribute to capability assessment and work with Shared Services L&D team to ensure delivery.
- Work with shared services to ensure delivery of resourcing, talent and succession plans. Play an active role in assessment and selection for L5 roles and provide some facilitation of talent/development board discussions.
- Work with the relevant business lead and Shared Services to provide organisational design input and ensure that planned changes/reorganisations are implemented properly.
- Ensure that the performance management process is rolled out across the business unit/function.
- Ensure that reward programmes are rolled out across the business unit/function and support managers in making good reward decisions.
- Play an active role in supporting the business unit/function on commercial activity.
- Collate workforce and functional performance insight and use proactively to identify issues for resolution.
- Work with the HR Partner and Shared Services to ensure that milestones and plans are delivered for the business unit/function and that those plans align with the group IR agenda.
- Ensure that Group HR processes and policies are implemented.
- Provide insight regarding local market requirements to the HR Partner so that they can be taken into account.
- Play an active role in ensuring that relevant legislative requirements are met.
- Contribute to the execution and governance of Centrica HR’s strategy and plans.
- Credible and values driven person, who is able to deliver exceptional results.
- Takes an enterprise-wide approach and is collaborative, adaptable and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations.
- Able to understand detail, alongside complexity, and still deliver against strategic aims.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Skilled in matrix working.
- Strong intellectual rigour and an appetite for professional development.
- Commercial acumen and broad business understanding.
- Able to work conceptually as well as having the focus to execute.
- Track record of building successful, collaborative relationships quickly across all levels and business functions.
- A skilful team player with the ability to network effectively up, down and across the organisation.
- Strong communication skills; articulate, compelling, engaging and an inclusive manner.
- Able to and comfortable providing strong feedback to people, both positive and developmental.
- Resilience and tenacity.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability