Consumer Communications Lead
Consumer Communications Lead
Location; Central London
Salary; Up to £70,000 Depending on experience + car allowance, bonus & excellent benefits
This role sits within the Connected Home arm of Centrica, and you’ll report into the Head of Marketing (UK + IRE). This is a UK based role, with some European travel.
What will you be up to:
- You will define and deliver strategy and activity in the earned media space to support the Hive brand, marketing and business objectives across UK + IRE
- You’ll design campaigns and activity that generate earned media presence and influence for the Hive brand, across both our early adopter audience and a mainstream consumer audience
- Providing strategic counsel to the marketing team as part of integrated / TTL campaigns
- Whilst establishing the best-in-class proactive and reactive comms with tech and consumer influencers
- Leading and managing Hive credentialing approach (e.g. awards, amplification of third party partnerships / testimonials, close collaboration with digital team on advocacy activity, etc.)
- Developing earned media comms strategies and materials to support BAU activities (for example, media alerts, briefing materials, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with Connected Home’s Corporate Affairs / PR team to maximise joint stories and opportunities that span both Hive consumer and corporate audiences
- Collaborate closely with Connected home Social and Content team to drive activity that delivers across full gamut of earned media channels
- Collaborate closely with CH GTM lead to ensure Hive best in class GTM strategy from an earned media perspective
- Day to day management, from an earned media perspective, of:
- agencies / agency performance
- evaluation and tracking
- Flex to support other territories on a temporary basis where needed
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be:
- Ideally, you’ll have strong intellect and academic qualifications to degree level which is not essential but you must have evidence of wider learning and continuous professional development with industry specialists / bodies to demonstrate a curious mindset, which would be highly advantageous
- Strong and confident communicator, with the abilty to articulate business requests with agencies as well as manage a diverse network of internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret information
- Strong 3rd party agency management including running nominated agencies as well as conducting performance reviews.
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple projects in a highly dynamic environment
- A proven track record of delivering consumer-focused campaigns to deliver earned media presence and influence
- The ability to deliver positive outcomes in a fast-paced environment with the ability to take responsibility and multi-task in order to meet deadlines; having the tenacity to get things done is essential.
- Experience in developing strong, customer centric, insight driven creative campaigns.
- Commercial awareness in how marketing campaigns drive overall business KPIs
- 3rd party agency management
‘Hive’ is the go to market brand and, famed for its innovation credentials, is currently leading the smart home category which although new in the UK market is quickly gaining momentum.
The purpose of the role is to lead earned media activity and channels (media relations, third party credentialing, role of earned in Hive GTM strategies, etc.) for Hive across UK + IRE markets, ultimately driving Hive business, brand and marketing objectives with the Hive target audience.
We believe increasing our influence and presence through earned media activity and channels is key to delivering both credibility and relevance for the Hive brand. Ultimately, attracting a more mainstream consumer audience and democratising the category across 2017.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Consumer Communications Lead R9940486’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.