IS Project Manager
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an IS Project Manager to join us.
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Location: Hessle
You will be planning and co-ordinating activities to manage and implement a complex implementation programme from idea to close down. You will need to plan, control and manage the delivery of an IS project to meet the agreed business needs. This will include acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality ensuring that these match the business and IS strategic goals.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Take full responsibility for the planning of a project, including the definition of the resources required
- Provide effective leadership of the Project team
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services from the project meet business requirements
To be great in this role..
You’ll need strong communication and relationship development skills in order to provide effective leadership to the Project team and your stakeholders.
You’ll have strong experience in managing multiple work-streams of activity, business transformation and business process re-engineering, report writing and project financial management.
You’ll be an experienced Project Manager with a strong technical ICT background who can work analytically in a problem-solving environment. In addition you will need the following technical skills
- Technical qualifications in Project Management/Change Management
- Technical qualifications in ICT
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Support production configuration and system transition into BAU operations
- Prince 2 certifications
- SAAS/PAAS/IAAS/outsourced/hosted solutions is desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: IS Project Manager R9928035’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.