Location; Rathbone Place, London
Salary; £excellent with bonus & additional benefits
For this role we are looking for a proactive Product Designer (UI/UX Unicorn), with solid and demonstrable experience, who thrives in working closely with developers and Product Owner’s to create brilliant user interface designs for multi-platform Applications.
You’ll be a serious evangelist of the User-Centric approach and UX principles throughout. You will report to the Head of UX & Design and be responsible for creating designs with excellent attention to detail as well as effective and amazing interactions that have direct impact in user behaviours in their life context, enabling people to accomplish tasks as easily and elegantly as possible.
- A high standard UI/UX design portfolio mobile/web apps, including grid layout, typography, and iconography design and Atomic Design experience
- Sketch for Mac
- Excellent understanding of design patterns in all platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Proven experience with prototyping tools such as Principle, Flinto for Mac, InVision or Framer JS (just to name a few)
- Be able to follow the processes from research, to design, to testing the prototypes with real users
- Strong experience with communicating with Developers and Product Owners and their requirements
- Adhere to and follow existing styles and brand guidelines.
- Robust and proactive approach (this is a must)
- Be able to take direction and critique and be a real team-player, as well as mentoring peers
Set up by British Gas in 2012, Connected Home, was given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone and not just the technophiles amongst us. We are here to give customers more control over their lives and homes by providing products that are beautiful in their simplicity and design. Our first product, Hive Active Heating™ was created from this philosophy. We have grown exponentially since then and are now part of the smart home scene and the Internet of Things alongside amazing competition such Google or Samsung, etc. We look for brilliant people who love solving challenging problems and developing innovative products. At Connected Home, we give you the chance to make an impact while working in an environment that facilitates learning and collaboration.