Technical Training Specialist (Home Services)
Direct Energy is looking for a Technical Training Specialist to work within their Buy Max group. This position will require someone with home services technical knowledge ideally in HVAC, Plumbing or Electric to provide training and sales team support on Buy Max products.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.
- Results oriented and able to work within defined budget to meet performance metrics that include; achieving top line revenue targets, weekly daily training engagements, creating new training curriculum etc.
- Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Expert influencing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to quickly learn and deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment..
- Formal presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting while able to complete projects according to deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work on multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Imaginative and creative thinking skills and ability to transpose into content
- Organized and good time management skills.
- Passionate about helping others and aligned with company’s mission
- Plan and drive execution of all aspects of product and sales training and performance coaching program including overseeing development, evaluating and providing proper resourcing and scheduling while collaborating with stakeholders to make needed adjustments and changes.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to maximize potential to achieve learning objectives; Communicate with, influence, and align subject matter to create effective field product training.
- Lead development of innovative, engaging, and challenging learning programs
- Cultivate and maintain productive relationships with contractors and other stakeholders in the business and at the client/customer level.
- Align with and implement learning agendas across multiple units and audiences
- Apply adult learning theories, instructional design systems, performance technology and creative approaches to develop learning programs that achieve BuyMax objectives and meet the needs of the target audience
- Measure, monitor, evaluate, and review the quality and effectiveness of learning programs for continuous improvement
- Proactively develop deeper knowledge and understanding of customer accounts, uncovering new sales, product opportunities and other business development activities driving revenue growth and supporting field sales.
- Execute according to time and budget parameters
- Continually re-align work to ensure execution and dep
- Influence, gain buy-in, and align all partners on the learning strategy, communicating the impact learning through various business metrics and results
- Coach others on learning projects outside the scope of the team to ensure educational integrity and consistency of messaging
- Conduct direct, in-market/in-location training.
- Continuously create and update on-line training including webinars, videos, video blogs and other related effective forms of communications.
- Point of contact on all technical questions and responses to consumers and contractors when needed.
- Attend events when requested to support sales and customers including conventions, regional meetings, trade show and other activities that may be identified necessary to support customers and revenue generation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>