Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence
Manage Operational Improvement agenda for EM&T: by managing a portfolio of operational improvements projects and operational governance (Operational Readiness Committee). The primary focus of this role will be projects and activities around enhancing EM&T front-to-back controls and operational processes. However, this positions will be required to occasionally lead new products / new business implementation projects.
- Own and manage Operational Readiness Committee on behalf of EM&T COO
- Prepare agendas for the fortnightly Operational Readiness Committee
- Ensure the EM&T operational issue tracker is up-to-date
- Work with Internal Audit, Operational Risk and other EM&T stakeholders on identifying operational and control gaps. Develop proposals of addressing the gaps (e.g. propose projects, structure and on-board such projects, identify new issues for the issue tracker)
- Work with the issue owners to successfully close the issues.
- Independently own a set of operational issues and drive them to closure
- Continuously propose ways to improve operational governance (meetings structure, tools etc)
- Own EM&T operational dashboard and key EM&T KPIs
- Supervise production of the EM&T operational dashboard
- Work with KPI owners on improving the KPI set (type of KPIs, tolerance level)
- Discuss and analyse KPIs, identify areas for further investigation and actions to improve operational performance
- Work with stakeholders to ensure timely closure of Audit and Operational incidents action items
- Prepare operational updates for the EM&T LT and CETL Board
- Lead process enhancement projects or control framework projects
- Work with Operational Risk, Internal Audit, COO organization and EM&T control functions on identification of process improvement opportunities (simplification, improvement of control frameworks)
- Structure, on-board and independently manage process improvement projects. Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams. Where appropriate coordinate operational projects between Alborg and London
- Work with EM&T COO and the rest of EM&T stakeholders to formulate the portfolio of operational projects. On behalf of the EM&T COO steer portfolio of operational improvement projects
- Market data governance
- Work with EM&T business (London and Aalborg) on defining market data consumption strategy with the objective to reduce market data spend and key vendor dependency while meeting business requirements
- Instruct Centrica Procurement by providing EM&T requirements in vendor negotiations
- Enforce EM&T market data policy and governance
- Good understanding of the commodity markets
- Deep understanding of the commodity trade flow. Strong understanding of key processes: pre-trade, trade cycle and post trade.
- Good understanding of the operational and controls best practices within the trading environment
- Strong track record of implementation of cross-functional projects within trade environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Independent thinking and problem-solving
- Self-motivation and drive
- Financial and commercial acumen
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence R9940111’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.