- Direct responsibility for the improving asset performance and may have direct responsibility for identified technician grade staff.
- Support the Engineering team with the management of plant overhauls which will be carried out by a team of up to 100 people (contractors and own team). Close liaison with the Engineering team to make efficient use of the pooled assistant engineers during peak of work.
- Has responsibility for managing aspects of the site maintenance budget circa £350,000 per annum and an authorised signature in accordance with the DSOA.
- Single shaft high availability, high flexibility plant – adaptable hours when required, but within reason, to support the business need.
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 dependant on experience plus benefits
- Responsible for asset performance improvement and technical support of the maintenance team leader with regard to Health, Safety and Environmental Performance, Production Performance and Asset Security in order to deliver agreed power generation production plans in line with customer requirements, safely and cost effectively.
- Technical expert on site responsible for writing specifications and developing plant modifications of a minor nature for implementation by the site maintenance team or contracted specialist labour.
- Responsible for the effective procurement of parts and services through developing technical specification, assessing tender returns and securing budget approval for expenditure to support the delivery of the maintenance strategy.
- Providing technical excellence and leadership with Investigation, analysis and management of plant problems and issues in order to achieve continuous improvement in plant engineering and maintenance.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and delivery of the site business plan, site maintenance budget and life cycle analysis, risk management plan, Business Management System (BMS), system audit, and other relevant senior management activities to ensure delivery of strategic and business goals
- Oversee and review the team delivery, through effective use of the performance management system and utilisation of station resources against the business plan and work programme and alter and allocate resource accordingly, interfacing with other CEOL teams to ensure that the overall station requirements are met,
- Work with the Peaking Plant Engineering Team to effectively plan and manage the delivery of outages to time, quality and budget to ensure integrity to meet business and outage plans.
- To establish and maintain effective communication networks within own and wider team, ensuring business objectives and activities are clear, understood and best practice is shared, through preparation and participation in team and toolbox talks and the site meetings to keep staff appraised of events and ensure they are involved and engaged in the business.
- Projects and outages delivered safely, on time, and to agreed budget.
- High levels of plant availability and reliability under flexible two shift operation.
- Exceeding HSE targets.
- Accurate budgeting and control of expenditure.
- Ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work
- Advise on Safe Systems of isolation for the safe implementation of work activities
- Ensures that risk assessments are completed on all activities as per the Safe System of Work
- Participates in audits to ensure compliance with company policy and procedures
- Direct responsibility for promoting a positive HS&E culture ensuring that all activities are undertaken in full cognisance of the Company’s commitment to health, safety and the environment and that all necessary controls are in place to minimise risks and eliminate hazards:
- Encourages suggestions from personnel for ways to improves HS&E performance
- Encourages and participates in initiatives/improvements measures
- Undertakes Safety and Environmental Awareness Meetings and team briefings
- Frequently monitor performance through periodic observation of work practices, to assess compliance with safe systems of work and work instruction
- Encourages the workforce to report accidents, incidents and near misses
- Co-operates with line managers and supervisors in the prevention of work-related accidents and ill health, and the promotion of environmental good practice by adopting appropriate behaviour
- Adheres to health, safety and environmental instructions and procedures
- Reports unsafe practices, behaviours and equipment, and health, safety and environmental concerns and incidents
- Endeavours to apply good housekeeping in work areas
- Controls and manages waste and special waste
- Supports and participates in HS&E improvement initiative
- Ensures correct PPE is worn for work activities
- Ensures the correct use of tools and equipment
- Promotes continuous improvement in health and safety performance
- Promotes continuous improvement in environmental performance for demonstration of commitment to the ISO14001 externally certified EMS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND in appropriate engineering discipline,
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record in the management of Health, Safety & the Environment underpinned by a National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
- HNC in appropriate engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience in power generation, or similar industry.
- Engineering experience of procurement, contract and project management.
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- IT literate including experience with al Microsoft Office products and computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with internal and external personnel.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Electrical Engineer R9936039’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.