Here at British Gas we are looking to move the way we serve our customers and meet their energy needs into the 21st century. Our Operational Analytics and Insight Team are part of Customer Operations, and are responsible for improving the customer experience by delivering actionable insight. You will be part of this exciting business which has a target to meet and we need great Data Analysts to help us get there.
- Location: Preferred location is Staines, however applications from Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leicester, Hattersley and Manchester will also be considered
- Full time; Permanent
What will you be doing?
As a valued Data Analyst, you will develop and deliver insights and analysis to enable the business to run the operation and make informed decisions. You will lead the creation of actionable insight from data through the application of first class analytics, and will have responsibility for managing a number of stakeholder relationships within the business. You will support projects relating to the Customer Operations portfolio and advise stakeholders on the appropriate use of data. Your day to day duties will include:
- Work with the Data and Analytics Manager to collect, prioritise and deliver the business requirements for data and analysis
- Deliver new insight & analysis that can be used to support the operation or mitigate risk
- Develop and run dashboards for Customer Operations
- Provide Insight & Analysis to strengthen new operational activities
- Proactive use of insight & feedback to recommend & implement improvements
- Support less experienced analysts in developing skills through guidance and coaching as required
- Motivate colleagues to give feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
To be great in this role….
You’ll have the ability to take your natural curiosity about the data and turn this into something clear and concise for your audience using MS Office tools, working both independently and collaboratively at times. You’ll be highly numerate and analytical, combined with strong commercial awareness, with proven ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data to solve problems logically using a range of advanced analytical techniques. In addition we’re looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent technical skills with a particular focus on SQL/SAS to interrogate the data warehouse efficiently
- Strong appreciation for the appropriate analytical/statistical techniques which can be employed to provide robust analyses at pace
- Expertise in customer analytics that is relevant and transferable to the analysis of Customer Value
- Ability to translate complex end to end analytical projects into executable commercial opportunities
- Ability to coach more junior analysts in developing their analytical skills and reporting capabilities as required
- Ability to engage executive level staff, influence the business, and present intelligent business strategy
- Ability to lead analysis effectively and create solutions, being prepared to work ‘above and beyond’ to understand wider business touch-points
- Good understanding of external data sources, e.g. credit reference agency data
- Detailed knowledge of the financial marketplace and the implications to the utilities industry
- Ability to prioritise, plan and deliver timely and effective analysis and reporting
- Ability to stand back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Data Analyst R9940125’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.