M&E Senior Project Manager
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Senior M&E Project Manager.
This is an office and field based role with regular travel
M&E Project Manager responsible for the installation of distributed energy projects for industrial and commercial clients in the UK. Manage a team of engineers, site supervisors and contractors to deliver installation projects on time and budget demonstrating industry leading standards of safety and customer service. The role is to take ownership of delivery of individual projects of £5-£15m and/or oversee a portfolio of smaller projects.
- Installation project planning: Develop and implement the detailed installation project plan projects and support the Programme Management Office (PMO) in creating overall programme plans where appropriate
- Installation project delivery: Responsible for the installation delivery for generation/energy efficiency/electric solutions, including coordinating all internal and external parties to ensure project is installed safely, on budget and on schedule
- Resourcing and people development: Successfully build and lead a project team of site supervisors and engineers
- Contractor management: Liaise with the Contractor Management team to help identify and secure framework agreements with a range of suitable contractors to undertake work where outsourcing is required. Monitor the performance of the selected contractors and demonstrate a pro-active approach to managing issues
- Customer satisfaction: Establish strong relationships with the customer ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Operational Risk: Manage and monitor all operational risks escalating to the Lead Project Manager as necessary
- Reporting: Provide the PMO and senior management with detailed and on-time progress reports, tracking project timescales, resources, HSE and budgets
- Governance: Ensure the DE&P Governance framework is appropriately followed for all technical decisions
Health & Safety
- Responsible for meeting all relevant health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements for installation projects and ensure the junior team complies with these at all times
- Responsible for creating a proactive culture of continuous improvement around health and safety within the team and integrating high performance in project delivery through key processes
Values & Team Management
- Strive for excellence in customer service throughout the installation lifecycle and build a customer centric approach in the project team’s behaviours
- Leverage expertise within the business through fostering an information sharing culture which openly and proactively shares best practice across DE&P and Centrica
- Develop an inclusive and engaged team environment where people feel supported and their culture and personal circumstances are taken into account
- Recruit, when required, people into your team with the capabilities and behaviours required to perform the job and to deliver the customer service and health and safety standards of our business
- Apply Centrica and Distributed Energy & Power values in all day to day activities and maintain a passion for delivering great customer service
- Technical knowledge: Strong knowledge of M&E construction and installation project management, including all of the systems and components which feed in to the generation/energy efficiency project
- Attention to detail: Apply a forensic approach to each stage of the installation process to ensure a ‘right-first-time’ outcome and capture potential issues before they arise
- Team management and cross-team communication: The ability to develop high project delivery team performing teams incorporating internal function i.e. design, commercial and O&M as well as external consultants and contractors to enable the delivery of industry leading solutions
- Health and Safety exemplar, who prioritises the safety of themselves and others, and understands the leadership behaviours required to influence others in this area
- Deep understanding of the needs of customers and how technology solutions can be designed and adapted to meet them
- A proactive, collaborative self-starter who can take people with them, working across business units and disciplines. Good manager and motivator of people
- Strong business acumen and effective decision making that challenge the status quo and deliver business goals
- Relevant technical and HSE qualifications
- Degree level qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer preferred but not essential
- Several years' M&E Project Manager in energy construction business
- Electrical and mechanical construction project management track record with focus in retro-fit on existing buildings
- Experience in energy, renewable energy and/or CHP
- Construction operations management in a fast-paced environment
- Reputation for excellence leading operational delivery across multiple projects in a market leading business
This is an office and field based role with regular travel
Salary competitive with excellent company benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: M&E Senior Project Manager R9939616’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.