Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships. Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
This role will be responsible for maintaining the DevOps CI/CD toolset. The DevOps Engineer will ensure that code moves safely from the hands of Developers and into each of our IT environments, including Production. This role will also be responsible for keeping the contents and functionality of our non-Production environments in a Production-like state at all times.
- Preferred - 4 degree in Computer Science and/or proven related work experience in Computer Science field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a DevOps related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working with Windows Server and SQL Server.
- Must have experience with Jenkins.
- Must have experience with UrbanCode Deploy, or extensive knowledge of a similar tool.
- Must have experience working with .NET applications and IIS.
- Preferred additional experience with TFS, Git, Artifactory, Nexus, SonarQube or similar tools. Production Support or Development experience is a plus.
- Support, administer, and execute the DevOps CI/CD toolset. Including source control, build orchestration and repository, code quality assurance, configuration management, deployment automation.
- Support all non-Production environments. This includes troubleshooting all issues and resolving all non-code related issues.
- Maintain all environments. Build out and refresh to maintain a Production-like state.
- Write and maintain automation scripts. Source control administration (code branching and merging).
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text