MI Demand Support
The MI Demand Support will support the MI Planning Manager to coordinate with MI Business Analysts to reshape demand toward value creating activities while continually reducing demand in the legacy BI applications. The person will act as the key point-of-contact between MI Business Engagement, MI development and MI Operations to understand the MI demand, maintaining accountability and alignment with business stakeholders throughout the demand process.
- Manage the relationship with MI Business Analyst with respect to their new MI requirements and changes.
- Create and utilise restrictive demand filters for reviewing MI demand in order to stop unqualified demand while assuring that the demand process does not become slow and bureaucratic.
- Support in the creation of a short to medium term quarterly roadmap capturing the estimated demand for a 12 month period, detailing at a 12 week rolling basis.
- Help to deliver a long term roadmap regarding the overall demand pipeline for long term goals and strategic outcomes.
- Facilitate the estimation of the demand on an ongoing bases while mapping the demand against agreed plan and resource base.
- Facilitate regular communication channels and forums to align on planned activities between MI Business Analysts, Development, IS and MI Operations.
- Shape demand by ensuring that every proposed MI initiative aligns with the MI Strategy.
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems and resolutions to all appropriate levels of management layers.
- Strong customer focus, prioritisation and leadership skills.
- Competent in organisational, analytical, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business professionals at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to build relationships and open communication across the organisation across teams.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to present & discuss forecasting information with senior management.
- Awareness of release management processes.
- Skills in managing spreadsheets or basic databases to manage and prioritize demand efficiently (Excel, VBA, MS Access, MS SQL Server, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Confident with MI/statistics and their presentation.
- Experience in managing relationships with engagement teams, internal business customers.
- Portfolio Management; Proven record in managing multiple MI/BI Demand/projects
- Experienced in developing, defining and implementing the overall MI demand management structure & processes.
- Resource management
- A relevant degree level qualification or relevant experience within this field
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: MI Demand Support R9939981’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.