MI Business Analyst
The MI team are responsible for the delivery of a suite of business performance management services, which includes: daily operational reporting, regular business performance reporting, executive level KPI reporting and external regulatory reporting.
The MI Business Analyst's primary objective is helping Centrica implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the business requirements, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders and to the design and delivery teams within the MI function.
The Centrica MI delivery team follow a Steady Speed Agile delivery methodology. As such the MI Business Analyst supports the Senior Business Analyst with translating the needs of the business product owners into specific technical requirements. You will expand initial business requirements into detailed user stories and support the collation of detailed user stories against initial requirements. The MI Business Analyst understands technical restrictions and alternatives in order to help the product owner to understand the constraints of the user stories.
The MI Business Analyst will also use requirements to help drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
Assisting with project business cases
- Supporting the planning and monitoring delivery of MI products to the business.
- Help to elicit requirements from key stakeholders.
- Requirements organisation and documentation.
- Translating, rationalising and simplifying requirements.
- Requirements management and communication.
- Analysis and challenge on cost/benefit of requirements.
- Leverage the availability of new technology and data models.
- Help to ensure the appropriate review of information variance is undertaken using business operational knowledge including root cause analysis and development of mitigation plans covering people, processes, systems and metrics.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Ability to gather, review and analyse business requirements utilising standardised templates and approaches.
- Prioritise requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Business process modelling, traceability and quality management techniques.
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Understanding of MI systems and tools such as data warehouses, data lakes, visualisation tools.
- Conceptual data modelling.
- Functional experience in commercial and/or operational teams.
- Ability to quickly assess & understand data from various sources to construct relevant & meaningful MI.
- Understand the current range of MI & the potential for extracting data from various Centrica systems.
- Highly numerate with experience of modelling & data interpretation tools whilst also displaying confidence in the application of business improvement tools & techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma and Prince.
Must have experience in a Business Analyst role or is able to clearly demonstrate transferrable skills either from industry experience and/or MI delivery experience and/or commercial or operations experience in the energy and retail sector.
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: MI Business Analyst R9939980’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.