Architecture Office Analyst (Business Analyst)
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Business Process Analyst to join the Strategy and Architecture Function at Centrica.
In the context of a large Transformation Programme you will be playing a critical role in helping to make Architecture within Centrica more agile, creating processes that guarantee the delivery and contribute to the harmonization across the organization.
You will have a Process Analyst or Business Analyst background, with experience in Analysis and Streaming of processes, Reporting and Metrics, and stakeholder management. Exposure to Architecture would be desirable.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Development, facilitation and continuous improvement of architecture processes, including measurement for quality, maturity and performance.
- Work with Strategy & Architecture teams to define and improve processes across the whole organisation.
- Define and operate Reporting, Monitoring, Review, Quality Assurance, Risk and Issue Management processes across IS Strategy & Architecture.
- Responsible for maintaining Standards and Methods produced by the team.
- Manage and publish collateral on Portal for wider IS share
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for prioritisation and management of own workload
- Define and manage the performance and continuous improvement of IS Strategy & Architecture team processes.
2. Financial Responsibilities
- Quality assures the tracking, reporting and analysis of financial cost recovery and expenditure across the teams, assisting the team in meeting their utilisation (‘recharge’) and cost targets.
3. Operational Responsibilities
- Provide operational support for the Architecture Strategy Board and Architecture Review Boards to ensure smooth and effective running of the Governance processes.
- Reporting – Produces all team reports/dashboards/plans, maintains latest view of Statement of Architecture Work status, ensuring quality measures and published deadlines are met.
- Monitoring & Review – Reviews and challenges progress with architecture initiatives including; timelines, Risk & Issues, financials, dependencies & Governance
- Quality Assurance - Carries out quality assurance activities for the team against agreed processes and measures. Monitors KPIs and is responsible for analysis, interpretation and clear presentation of management information.
- Risk & Issue Management – Proactively monitor and review Architecture risk, and maintains the Risk log for the Strategy & Architecture function.
- Performance Monitoring - Uses analysis techniques to identify trends and capture KPIs on process performance. Uses data to continually drive performance improvements.
- Other Services – includes; Secretariat support for Governance Boards, Programme/Project set up and closure, Knowledge Management (Lessons Learned), Information Management
- Development - Takes a leading role in the definition, identification and delivery of improvements to PMO services and standards.
- Strategy & Architecture leaders and process owners
- IS Finance representative who supports S&A
- IS SRM
- IS Architecture leads in the Delivery teams
5. Leadership and People Management (or Teamwork)
- Acts as a role model and actively promotes the continuous improvement of the way we work
- Supports, energises and inspires fellow team members
- Helps create a focused and collaborative team working environment
6. FSA Best Practice
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate within the solution.
- Ensure that solutions proposed include provision for the operation of information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Ensure that solutions proposed provide adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments.
- Ensure that solutions proposed adhere to the Competence and Training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities.
You will have the following background and experience:
- Experienced in capture and analysis of data using MS Office and other analysis tools
- Experienced in producing reports, minutes and dashboards as required
- Experienced in process modelling, ideally using BPMN
- Experienced in process analysis and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Awareness of the role of Strategy & Architecture team in the context of Centrica
- Awareness of the Utilities industry
- Good communicator, written and verbal
- Knowledge of structured analysis techniques
- Knowledge of IT best practice and accepted standards including, but not limited to, security and vendor management best practices
- Business acumen – commercial, customer and market place awareness
- Bachelor degree level or relevant equivalent professional experience.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Architecture Office Analyst (Business Analyst) R9938953’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.