Head of MI Development
The MI team are responsible for the delivery of a suite of business performance management services, which includes: daily operational reporting, regular business performance reporting, executive level KPI reporting and external regulatory reporting.
The Head of MI Development is responsible, with the support of the Design Team, for the development and accurate and timely delivery of all new reports and associated information capabilities. Based on a high level requirement defined by the MI Business Analysts in conjunction with their internal customers, the MI Development team will impact assess, interpret a solution design, develop, deliver, test and then hand over into production a fit for purpose solution by adopting an agile approach.
- Set up, lead and oversee MI Development teams.
- Work with IS to develop a new, world class, reporting capability (tools, technology, infrastructure, data models, etc.) as a part of a wider enterprise Data Strategy Programme.
- Own all development from the reporting layer upwards.
- Manage and prioritise resources in line with business priorities identified by the engagement teams.
- Manage the migration of reporting capabilities from legacy to new systems.
- Work with, peers and HR to manage the transformation of the existing MI team to a new target operating model.
- Implement and enhance fit for purpose and agile end to end demand and delivery process’ as a part of wider MI model.
- Develop appropriate working and delivery model with other MI and IS teams to ensure successful business focussed implementations of solutions.
- Develop a well governed, standardised, but flexible reporting suite that allows end users to view the right information and drill through to understand the reasons behind underlying trends.
- Manage handover of completed solutions to the MI Ops team.
- Deliver reporting and related information management solutions for the whole of Centrica.
- Manage the MI Optimisation & Release which will in part involve overseeing:
- The optimisation of all MI teams and the release of MI solutions
- The strategic definition of MI and the identification of improvement opportunities
- The design and development of a release management organisation and processes
- Prioritisation and management of development and delivery resources.
- Traditional waterfall, rapid and agile delivery models.
- Significant knowledge of traditional, new and open source reporting solutions.
- Understanding of how to implement appropriate access control and report distribution to ensure company, customer and employee data is appropriately protected and managed.
- Established industry network and access to information and advice on best practice and leading edge capabilities.
- A consultative engagement approach to support effective implementations.
- The ability to positively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral presentation capabilities.
- Strong leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead virtual/matrix teams.
- Strong understanding of Information Management and reporting leading practice and its practical application in diverse environments.
- Good understanding of business systems, process analysis and design.
- Extensive knowledge about BI trends such as Big Data, Self-service Reporting, BI in the cloud, Mobile BI, etc.
- Experience setting up and leading an MI/reporting development team in large or medium sized organisations.
- Significant experience in developing tiered leading and lagging KPI solutions with appropriate hierarchies, standardisation, reporting levels and drills to support train of thought analysis from end users.
- Track record of working with IS/IT teams to implement new reporting capabilities as a part of enterprise wide data programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of developing reports that support key business decisions and actionable outcomes.
- Strong experience of delivering a range of reporting solutions from operational through to exec and regulatory level.
- Strong knowledge and experience of appropriate regulation, standards and industry best practices to ensure that company, customer and employee data is controlled.
- Track record of creating solutions that meet the high data quality, timeliness, standardisation, well governed requirements of working in a regulatory environment.
- Proven track record in creating flexible reporting solutions that can quickly adapt with the business needs.
- Have developed functional and non functional reporting requirements from first principles and then driven through programme with relevant IS/IT teams to implement appropriate solutions to meet them.
- Significant experience of people management, development and mentoring and managing large scale transformations.
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Head of MI Development R9940051’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.