Sales and Use Tax Manager
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
- Ability to make fit-for-purpose decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability work independently to analyze key stakeholders (regardless of level) and manage those relationships
- Ability to document findings in a way that is clear to understand and outlines areas of improvement with relevant action plan.
- Ability to clearly articulate difficult technical analysis.
- Team with non-tax business partners (IT, billing operations, etc.) to design a sustainable sales and use environment
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- Master’s degree or JD preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in the utilities industry; 15 years total preferred
- Extensive experience in the review of contract language
- Experience launching new business lines
- Experience in Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey preferred; Canada also preferred
- CPA or JD preferred
- Technical analysis and decision making for questions from the business
- Technical review of contracts for indirect tax impacts
- Understanding of accounting for indirect taxes and the impact they have on the financial statements
- Canadian and US indirect tax research required
- Manager will be responsible for technical sales and use considerations for new market entry, existing business lines, and contract analysi
- Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 3 analysts
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability