Regional Account Manager
Direct Energy is seeking an account manager who will be responsible for sales, business development, account management and revenue and profit growth of assigned region.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of sales and/or customer service experience.
• Will have experience servicing contractors and/or familiarity with two step distribution sales models.
• Ideally have worked in the plumbing, HVAC or Electrical industries.
• Demonstrated ability to meet goals, objectives and operational effectiveness.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent listening, written and public speaking skills.
• Strong stage presence and image of professional success.
• Ability to travel more than 60% of the time.
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting while meeting strict guidelines.
• Displays a passion for continued education and improvement.
• Must be goal oriented and driven toward success.
• Able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and independent work environment.
• Strong decision making skills and ability to think on your feet.
• Responsible for planning and executing the sales strategy to increase market share, account penetration and client capture while meeting and exceeding budget and growth objectives.
• When necessary, supports sales and services to members by coordinating and hosting online and onsite trainings about our products on a variety of topics that include but not limited to: how to offer them, how they operate, features and benefits, how to increase gross margin, add on sales, the 3 option close, private label products, etc.
• Being business savvy, this position will drive product sales by assisting members in analyzing their business opportunities and areas for growth through short and long term business planning.
• Travel to member locations in order to build, develop and strengthen relationships at the contractor and ownership levels to ensure PBG always has the first and last look.
• Translates key content into a variety of mediums including live presentations, video and web-friendly formats for training of members in regards to our product lines and communications of promotions and new product launches.
• Works with management to develop alternative programs in training and support and serves as the voice of the customer relative to service, quality and product related issues.
• Develops new content for presentations that can include features and benefits training, business summaries, internal business performance, promotions and other communications necessary to support and grow the business.
• Monitors, collects and forwards competitive intelligence, changes in market conditions, client testimonials and feedback that relates to our products, business and industry.
• Provides exceptional customer service and follow up by being proactive, responsive. and effectively communicating with other departments within the company.
• This individual will be able to influence effectively at the peer level as well as with the next level in the organization.
• Is a problem solver and able to effectively deal with issues and conflicts. Demonstrates leadership in working with the parties on resolving conflicts, order delays, quality issues etc. producing win/win outcomes
• Identify operational gaps and make recommendations on areas of improvement.
• Updates and manages the CRM system ensuring proper follow up and account management.
• Working independently you are able to plan and execute sales calls within the region ensuring time management and performance effectiveness.
• Able to prospect and cold call members independent of other goals and tasks to ensure pipeline of new clients and business opportunities remain abundant in order to achieve growth plans
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability