SAP Support Lead
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for an experienced SAP Support Lead to join our team working on exciting projects in our Staines Upon Thames (TW18) offices.
In this role you'll be responsible for all SAP application support activities and team leadership required to manage IS solutions that meet the Business needs:
- Monitor the production queue for any incidents/problems reported.
- Manage the delivery of all IPDs/Small Changes by coordinating with functional teams, test leads, project managers and other stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and applications.
- Coordinate Weekly and Planned build activities.
- Report statistics related to state of the systems to the various stakeholders and development manager.
- Facilitates smooth service transition after each project’s PFS exit and ensure the accuracy of handover documents
- Have cross application knowledge to understand the issue and delegate to the functional teams.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers in L2/L3 contracts for BAU Support.
- Supports the setting of standards for programming tools and techniques
- Takes responsibility for their area of managing SAP applications.
- Ensures peer reviews and unit tests are prepared and executed across the entire team
- Uses understanding and knowledge of budgetary and estimation process to provide effort estimates required to develop software
- Creates and updates cross application documentation
- Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures, including security policies
- Contributes to retrospectives to incorporate learning’s into future work
- Works to identify opportunities to improve development standards, processes and tools
- Maintains an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the technology deployed in the business area
- Sets up and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery and support of production issues.
- Interface with business for piece being sponsored.
Skills & Experience
- SAP Application support Lead with sufficient experience in cross domain SAP applications in for various sectors. Good management and communication skills. Efficient leadership skills to manage and internal and external teams of suppliers.
- Work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines and follow Centrica DTS processes.
- Excellent communication skills and should be able to communicate across teams and business stakeholders.
- Essential technical leadership and managerial skills to lead a team of highly talented professionals.
- Weekly status reporting of work into the Development Manager and/or operations manager.
- Multitasking and leading multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Development Planning and efficient resource allocation skills.
- SAP Application Development and support experience.
- SAP Application Support Experience ( L2 and L3).
- SAP cross application expertise.
- Knowledge and experience of team leadership and people management.
- Sufficient and proven experience in designing/developing/supporting cross functional SAP applications.
- Good SAP customisation knowledge and ITIL practices for problem management and incident management
- Line management skills for managing a team of direct reports (if necessary).
- Ability to follow through and ensuring successful implementation of complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of SAP data model and integration with other systems
- Consulting skill set to allow SAP based solutions to be agreed with the business teams and the approach to identified gaps agreed.
- Liaise with Operations Manager, Project Managers, Development Manager, Analysts, Business and Users, playing an active role in supporting a stable production environment, avoiding P1/P2 incidents, minimising and actively monitoring problem records, ensuring root cause is updated for all incidents and adhering to Core Systems KPIs.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email careers@centrica,com typing ‘Update required: SAP Support Lead R9939244’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.