BI & Big Data Technical Lead
Centrica’s Digital Technology Services (DTS) team are always looking at the next big thing when it comes to technology and the people that lead it. We are now looking for a Technical Lead to join us on the next exciting stage of our programme. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about all things Big Data.
You need to be able to shout across our business the benefits of this technology as well as being a real techie who wants a new challenge and to become the best in their field.
Location: Staines (TW18), Greater London
The role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of Big Data products and technologies. You will come from a highly technical background with numerous years of experience in software development as well as time not in a senior position managing small teams and offshore resources.
Some of key duties are as follows
- Take responsibility for project deliverables using Agile delivery mechanisms such as Kanban and scrum, and participate in daily progress meetings reporting back to the Technical Delivery Manager.
- Play a starring role in the development and leading of the Hadoop based systems and Team, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Come up with inspiring and innovative solutions to meet the objectives and deliver value to the business
- Engage with multiple different areas of the business and be seen as the SME of Big Data development
- Manage day to day workload and delivery of a team of Developers and Quality Analysts, ensuring they have clear set daily objectives.
- Provide realistic cost and resource estimates.
- Works to identify opportunities to improve development standards, processes and tools.
- Design and deliver the technical solution for both small and strategic project change within the Analytics estate.
We are looking for someone to lead from the front and develop not just their own skills but be seen as an inspiration to the more junior members of the team and also as the go to person for all and resident expert for technical development in this area.
If you have the following experience we would love to speak to you:
- Hands on experience of SDLC within the Hadoop eco-system including HBase, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Oozie and Flume.
- Extensive of programming languages such as Java or similar.
- Strong SQL/data analysis or data mining background, common/reusable components, Audit Controls, ETL Framework.
- Experience with BI programmes.
- Experience in delivering multiple projects in a fast paced and pressured environment.
- Extensive hands on programming experience on multiple systems.
- Proven experience in presenting and engaging to senior stakeholders within a large organisation
- Good working knowledge of Linux, shell scripting.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: BI & Big Data Technical Lead R9937232’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.