Distributed Asset Operations Coordinator
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Distributed Asset Operations Coordinator.
This position is office based in Peterborough (control room based). Limited travel required – UK Only.
This role is responsible for the operational delivery of revenue contracts to meet the business plan for customers and distributed assets, with a day to day lead on scheduling customer and distributed assets. The role holder will carry out activities to deliver obligations for ancillary service, Capacity Market, Energy Market or Balancing Market contracts and ensure targets are met safely and within contractual limits to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Develops operational running plans in co-ordination with the Within Day Optimisation Manager and supporting operational shift teams at the Peterborough VPP (Virtual Power Plant) control room to deliver required operational performance
- Supports the Within Day Optimisation Manager in the implementation activities across a number of Centrica owned and Customer owned assets to deliver operational requirements
- Optimises the distributed assets to deliver value to both the Customer and Centrica
- Coordinates the planning of Distributed and Customer Assets shutdown periods to optimise the operational performance
- Liaise with NEAS teams to ensure that asset data in the dispatch systems accurately reflects the current asset capabilities
- Communicates customer running profiles with the customer nominated operational representatives
- Distributed assets of approx. 160MW increasing to circa 400MW by 2023
- In depth knowledge of UK power markets, particularly ancillary services and the balancing market
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at various levels of seniority
- Commercial flair with excellent numerate skills
- Able to assimilate complex information and priorities activities in a control room environment
- Ideally degree level or equivalent in a relevant numerate discipline but not mandatory
- Experience of working with National Grid services and markets
- Power Generation experience
- Experience of energy market commercial dispatch operations
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Distributed Asset Operations Coordinator R9939276’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.