Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Billing Analyst.
This position can be based in Brigg or Windsor. Limited travel required – UK Only.
This role is to manage, validate and provide governance of the Energy, embedded benefits and ancillary service revenues for the distributed customer assets. This encompasses management of meter data, Energy Imbalance, BOAi revenues, Frequency Response, Reactive power, STOR and other National Grid services that Centrica may participate in. The role involves producing reconciliation statements for the customer assets vs plan and helping to develop the systems to automate the reconciliation process working with the T&PD teams.
- Manage the end to end process for validating Energy Balancing Settlements and Ancillary Services for Centrica Energy.
- Manage and Track settlement disputes with National Grid, Elexon and Logica.
- Support the Asset Optimisation Team in validating Gas Settlements for the thermal power fleet.
- Develop Centrica systems and capability to aid verification of Energy Imbalance, BOAi, Frequency Response, Reactive Power, STOR, Fast Reserve and any other Grid services that Centrica choose to participate in.
- Be a key interface between Centrica Energy, British Gas and the District Network Operators (DNOs). Engage in Consultations and work with Centrica Regulatory to manage progress of Embedded Generators Use of System (UoS) charging.
- Validate Internal Toll payments via the Power Finance Team.
- Manage the Power Outage Management System
- Outstanding Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Electricity Balancing Arrangements
- Ability to communicate complex financial information in simple terms
- Good working knowledge of the electricity and gas markets
- Commercially and financially astute.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Appreciation of the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC)
- The job holder must be able to represent the Company and have the ability to initiate, build and improve relationships with external contacts
- Good Communicator – building strong relationships with external parties
- Working knowledge of Balancing Arrangements within the Electricity Industry (essential)
- Power Plant Experience (desired)
- Accountancy / Analytics Background (desired)
- Ability to give an overview of the BSC, Grid Code and CUSC and define what role Elexon play In the electricity Industry
- Strong Numerical Qualification
- Business Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential
- AAT preferred but not essential
Salary competitve, plus excellent company benefits
This position can be based in Brigg or Windsor.
Limited travel required – UK Only.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Billing Analyst R9939267’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.