UK Offices Manager
Location; London, WC1 & WC2
Salary; competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
As our office manager, you will ensure all office environments for the Centrica Connected Home (CCH) UK portfolio of offices are safe, operate efficiently and are following all UK Health, Safety, Environment & Security legislation and laws, within Centrica’s Policies.
What will you be up to
You’ll maintain the office environments as a welcoming and positive work place, which does include the cleanliness & HSES standards befitting of a fast moving technology business.
You will also maintain our excellent HSES record of 0 (Lost time injury’s) LTIs by:
- Increasing the preventative “Don’t Walk By” and “Near Miss” reporting culture across the UK portfolio of offices
- Increasing the engagement of the Connected Home Senior Leadership Team (CHLT) by owning and maintaining an engagement plan for CH;
- Ensuring that that the plan is part of the overall CCH Employee Communications Plan.
- Driving up the engagement of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT) of line managers across the UK portfolio of offices by owning and maintaining an engagement plan for CH
- Ensuring that that plan is part of the overall CCH Employee Communications Plan
- You will ensure the Risk Assessments for each UK site are up to date and actions are proactively closed, by leading the Connected Home UK HSES Risk Assessment Working Group; made up of HSES SRPs and HSES Coordinators across the UK site portfolio
- Supporting the global HSES Culture Agenda for Connected Home, by representing the safety culture and views and culture of the UK portfolio of offices
- To ensure all facilities and office staff across the UK portfolio of offices are engaged with the business, and are ambassadors for the Connected Home culture through coaching and mentoring.
- To ensure each office has enough trained fire marshals and first aiders.
This will also include you managing our established 3rd party office management and facilities service providers; ensuring all service requests are raised within 24hrs and closed within SLA.
You’ll ensure all UK events (both those inside office environments and external environments) are safe and enjoyable for staff by ensuring all risks are identified and managed appropriately
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- Solid experience of office management
- Able to demonstrable understanding of HSES regulations and safety culture
- Great interpersonal skills, able to relate to people at and on all levels
- Awareness of good business practices
- Experienced in coaching
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multitask confidently in a fast-paced environment; experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confident and articulate communication skills; mature, polished and professional manner
Dimensions for this role;
- Oversight of Connected Home UK locations – Primarily Rathbone Place, Aldwych & Cambridge.
- Ensuring compliance of HSES regulations
- Coordinating the office receptions
- Planning and managing office events
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Carla.Welch@centrica.com typing Offices Manager (R9939696) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.