Government Channel Development Manager
The Government Channel Development Manager (CDM) position is primarily focused on public sector revenue generation thru natural gas and electric sales, as well as incremental revenue generation through our growing suite of Advisory Products and Services. The primary responsibilities will include building customer relationships, building broker/consultant relationships, renewing contracts, identifying, developing and closing new sales prospects and sources of business.
This position will work closely with Sales, Pricing, Credit, Legal and Customer Operations teams, although this position may interact with all areas within DE Business. In addition to DE Business relations, this position will interact with electric and gas utilities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a sales or a customer facing role that required a strong technical skillset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a commitment to customer service
- Quantitative, analytical problem-solving skills
- Exhibited experience in making commercial judgments in the area of structured energy products
- Possess working knowledge of RFP process preferred
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a high volume work environment and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and internet search engines
- Aggressive, competitive but able to work as a team player
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in order to build long term relationships
- Possess a strong work ethic and desire to excel in a dynamic, fast paced organization
- Previous experience working with government entities a plus
- Responsible for managing/overseeing all electric and natural gas bids assigned to the government sales program. Maintain and renew accounts while building relationships.
- Meet or exceed sales program metrics for renewal rates and margins.
- Prepare proposals, generate contracts and ensure accuracy of all details prior to processing.
- Interact directly with consultants and customers; provide an outstanding customer experience, deliver market intelligence related to customer pricing and perform account analysis.
- Handle all assigned customers/consultants/sales agents and coordinate responses to RFPs. Ensure proper communication is maintained with regional sales managers, account managers, sales support team and operations support groups.
- Identify and qualify new government prospects.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Gather competitive feedback and perform pricing analysis.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are a Equal Employment Opportunity
employer--M/F/disability/protected veteran status