We are looking for an exceptional manager to develop our commercial pricing strategy across our core insurance products. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering sustainable growth with profit optimisation and will report directly to the Head of Contract Pricing.
- Lead the development of pricing strategies across the core Insurance products
- Deliver fairness to the customer and value to the business. In doing so, engage and influence key stakeholders in the development and delivery of customer pricing strategy
- Support the business in deploying a conduct-rich approach to customer pricing, including discretionary discounting, campaigns, acquisition and customer lifetime pricing strategy
- Partner across the business to ensure deep understanding of competitor strategies and customer behaviour in products & pricing, applying insights into the deployment of pricing strategy
- Monitor the performance of pricing strategies against financial targets and present recommendations for areas of development in the Month Pricing Meeting
- Support the development of new products and marketing strategies, including playing a leading role in relevant cross-functional strategic projects
- Own the presentation of business case and pricing proposals for senior stakeholders across the business
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the market, competitors’ strategies and customers’ behaviour and needs
- Play an active role in the development of pricing talent
- Apply Centrica values in all day-to-day activities
- Commercial Know-How: manage for value, competitive market, understand our customers, and good understanding of marginal profit concepts
- Experience in developing stakeholder support for pricing proposals across all levels of a large organisation
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to vary style depending on the audience. Ability to convey complex proposals to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships across a matrix organisation through effective networking and partnering
- Significant experience within a commercial pricing function, preferably in the general insurance industry
- Strong quantitative skills and a working knowledge of price optimisation software is an advantage
- Inquisitive and experienced in insurance markets with a passion for keeping our customers at the centre of all proposals
- Knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Radar advantageous
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Pricing Manager R9938972’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.