Business Development Specialist
Home Warranty of America– A Direct Energy Company, is a nationwide leader in the home warranty industry. We provide high value and protection against the ever-increasing cost of home and appliance repair. At Home Warranty of America, we have built our business on simplifying the lives of our customers, adding value to our products and being there when they need us most. Our products assist homeowners by lessening the out of pocket costs to expensive repairs or replacements of home appliances and systems when a break or failure occurs. Our customers are looking for value in a home warranty company and we believe our 13 Month Home Warranty Program offers just that. www.hwahomewarranty.com
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
The Business Development Specialist will be contacting real estate professionals in the assigned territory, selling the benefits offered by HWA and its comprehensive warranty plans. Each day the Business Development Specialist will be responsible for making a minimum of 40 phone calls and generating leads through referral business.
• Minimum of 2 years of successful direct sales experience as a top producer in previous/current position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer proficiency.
• Professional telephone presence.
• Customer focus.
• Assertive Social Style/Follow Through.
• Valid State Driver’s License
Ability to work in an in home office environment. Need dedicated area to perform job functions.
• Primary function is to develop and grow outside markets of focus from Head of Sales for HWA. Once certain revenues are achieved in said markets the territory will transition to an Outside Sales Account Executive.
• Strong ability to network, ask for referrals and build excellent relationships quickly
• 1000 Prospect data base uploaded in the dash for agents that have 8-20 closings per year in assigned markets
• Minimum of 40 outbound calls per day
• Conducts 3-4 one on one appointments per day with real estate professionals, attorneys and title representatives
• Uses technology such as BombBomb, SlyDial, Facebook, Email and phone to sell the benefits of our warranty programs
• Insures shipping of HWA marketing pieces/brochures to offices in assigned markets
• Prepares sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education required to competently achieve responsibilities:
• High School Diploma
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability