Head of PR, Innovation & Projects
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of PR, Innovation & Projects to join Centrica’s fast-paced Media Relations team.
In this role you will drive strategic and proactive external communications to reposition Centrica as an innovative, tech and customer-focused energy and services company.
You will also lead, support and advise other members of the communications team where innovation is the main focus of external activity
- Location: Windsor
- Salary: Competitive
- Responsible for partnering with Centrica Innovations to drive the strategic external communications agenda and ensure we deliver the required support in a co-ordinated and agile manner
- Develop creative and effective communications campaigns to support the delivery of business strategy utilising a wide range of channels and media including digital/social
- Responsible for leading on cross BU innovation projects & external events e.g. London Tech Week
- Responsible for leading and co-ordinating on cross BU PR initiatives
- Measure, demonstrate and communicate strategic progress on Centrica’s innovation reputation measures
- Subject matter expert on innovation and technology within the Corporate Affairs team, identifying and communicating key developments, trends, threats and opportunities for the Group
- Internal technology evangelist, fostering close links with the digital team and providing thought leadership on re-positioning Centrica as a modern and innovative company
- Seek, develop and manage relationships with national and international media, plus other influential stakeholders, to pro-actively promote our messages and build credibility
- Work in collaboration across all of Corporate Affairs and with other key internal teams, including Employee Communications and Group Marketing, to ensure communications are aligned and co-ordinated
- Business partner with Centrica Innovations acting as the primary Corporate Affairs lead and co-ordinating support from across the team.
- Develop & deliver effective communications strategies for both Centrica Innovations and innovation-focused Group projects across business units including Connected Home and DE&P.
- Degree level education
- Track record of delivering in matrix organisation, ideally in a high-profile and regulated sector
- Proven success leading creative communications strategies
- A tech evangelist with a passion for the digital business world and a deep, up-to-date understanding of the major themes and trends
- Expertise in communications strategy and a track record of delivering effective communications activity that positively impacts public and stakeholder perceptions
- Ability to develop and deliver proactive, strategic plans across a range of comm’s disciplines while operating in a complex, fast-moving environment
- Strong creative and innovative PR campaign capability
- Expertise at working with digital/social or traditional media at a senior level
- Commercial mindset, capable of understanding, influencing and supporting long-term commercial objectives
- Excellent senior level stakeholder management and influencing skills, to effectively partner with internal stakeholders and manage external relationships
- Highly collaborative and agile with a drive to deliver tangible results
- Strong experience of working in a technology/ innovation environment, ideally with at least one organisation with a strong customer-focus
- Experience of business innovation and or/ transformation
- Strong network of senior media / influencer contacts
- Expertise in full spectrum of media channels, traditional and digital/social
- Experience of working in a challenging political and regulatory environment
- Excellence in communications and presentation skills, written and oral
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Head of PR, Innovation & Projects R9936319’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.