Data Strategy - Reference Data Analyst
The Data Strategy team is part of the wider Data Insights & Customer Value Management (DICVM) team, that are responsible for supporting the core business units with all of their customer insight and management information needs. The vision for the team is “Putting customers and data at the heart of decision-making”.
The Data Strategy team are responsible for data governance and management of data of which reference data is a critical part. Managing our data as a key strategic asset is at the heart of the DICVM strategy.
The Reference Data Analyst: Will ensure reference data requirements are captured, developed into solutions and managed as appropriate to be utilised in analytics, reporting and insights. This will involve working across a mix of source platforms with a range of tools and technologies.
Will maintain the fundamental principle that data is a corporate asset and, as such, will need to be managed and governed in a way which generates value
- Provision of Reference Data Service into the MI model (Engagement, Design, Development, Test, Release)
- Maintenance of systems and processes to define, maintain and update reference data
- Identify, prioritise, investigate and help reference data issues
- Ensure reference data needs are captured during the requirements gathering process and owners are identified
- Work with the solution design and development teams to embed reference data into capabilities by design into the appropriate data layers
- Help implement right target operating model to enable best practice reference data management
- Create the flexibility to work in a standard approach as well as supporting rapid discovery and prototyping that can subsequently be turned into production solutions
Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the Centrica ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Good knowledge of the tools, technologies, skills and processes required to manage reference data
- Understanding of design and development of data stores, digital solutions and data warehouses and associated toolsets
- Ability to implement appropriate ownership and stewardship
- Knowledge of data and information management lifecycles
- Good knowledge and use of data management and governance toolsets, methodologies and process
- Good understanding of how to capture reference data requirements effectively and efficiently and convert them to technical specifications
- Understanding and experience of working in a mix of delivery methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
- A broad understanding of the applications of data from reporting through to data science
- Strong relationship building skills with an ability to develop relationships with owners, stewards, peers, solution design and development teams and IS
- Good communication, facilitation, presentation, explanation and influencing skills to advocate of the benefits of well managed reference data
Skills and Experience
- Detailed experience of Reference Data Management and previous use of reference data toolsets and repositories
- An experienced Business Data/information analyst with a high level understanding of key business processes, systems and data flows within business processes
- A Data Librarian competent in categorising and managing information on systems and processes reference data management
- An operational background in a customer facing environment with experience of using CRM and order management systems
- Understanding of Data Management and Governance techniques and methodologies
- Awareness of typical marketing database uses, including campaign targeting, modelling and analysis
- Understanding of the impact of information quality, quantity, availability on Insight, Marketing and Business operations
- Awareness of current technology, process, information and organisational trends
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Data Strategy - Reference Data Analyst R9938988’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.