EUC Architecture Analyst
An exciting opportunity is now open for a EUC Architecture Analyst to join our Centrica Global End User Computing & Desktop Service Architecture team in Staines.
Reporting into the Director of End User Computing & Desktop Service Architecture you will be responsible for creating high level solutions and solution architectures for assigned projects and for contributing to the development of the End User Computing Target Architecture.
You will have proven experience in architecting successful End User Computing services and managing change delivery within a large organisation. You will also have a strong commercial know-how, the ability to build strong relations and making things happen.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Create high level solution models and solution architectures for assigned projects aligned to business requirements for End User Computing
- Assure that the End User Computing solutions will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business and IS Operations
- Contribute to the development of the End User Computing Target Architecture aligned to the business strategy
- Be the design authority on projects ensuring adherence to architecture and design standards and the Target Architecture
- Develop the relevant subject matter expertise or identify and utilise individuals with relevant expertise to assist them
As an EUC Architecture Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload, and others as required
- Contributes to the Target Architecture and definition and maintenance of standards (the Technical Reference Model) by supporting Enterprise Architecture
- Supports the development of the project planning including ensuring the phases are appropriate. For example, breaking out the solution into different work packages etc.
2. Financial Responsibilities
- Supports the budget development process for a solution to maximise the business case
3. Operational Responsibilities
- For assigned projects:
- Delivers high-level solution models and solution architectures in line with business requirements, organisation and industry standards
- Ensures compliance of all high-level solution models and solution architectures to the Target Architecture, roadmaps, architecture principles and standards
- Ensures that their solution architectures maintain integrity within the context of the relevant programme architecture
- Assesses the impact of business change requests on the existing architecture and support the prioritisation of these changes
- Provides direction and guidance on projects ensuring adherence to Architecture and Design standards and the Target Architecture
- Works with the project stakeholders to understand the business requirements so that recommended solution options provide the best fit against requirements and budget
- Supports the Business Analyst to determine high-level functional requirements, maximising the use of standard or out-of-the-box features and capability
- Supports the Business Analysts to determine high level non-functional requirements
- Creates solution options and solution architectures, ensuring any deviations to the standards are handled through the Architecture Governance process
- Be accountable for the viability of proposed solutions and provides direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project
- Performs the design authority role on projects ensuring that the detailed designs and solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
- Uses commercial awareness to ensure that all investments made maximise the value of our IS investment
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of the main technology base, and a general understanding of the other technology bases which together form the overall technical direction
- Keeps abreast of developments from strategic partners to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with standards and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Promotes and encourages enterprise and innovation throughout the team, to look for new answers and delivery of a fresh approach
- Identifies the commercial impacts of decisions involving architecture and engage the appropriate people in coming to a sound commercial outcome
4. Leadership and People Management (or Teamwork)
- Works collaboratively and enthusiastic with team members, and develops, coaches, motivates, energises and inspires fellow team members
5. FSA Best Practice
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate within the solution.
- Ensure that solutions proposed include provision for the operation of information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Ensure that solutions proposed provide adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments.
- Ensure that solutions proposed adhere to the Competence and Training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities.
You will have the following background and experience:
- Proven experience in architecting successful End User Computing services
- In depth knowledge of at least *four* of the following technologies – Active Directory, Exchange, Windows client OS, SCCM, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Mobile Technologies, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, Microsoft App-v, Oracle Identity Manager.
- Expertise in developing rounded and complete costed designs and proposals for change initiatives
- Experience of managing change delivery within a large organisation, in an outsourced delivery model.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Commercial experience beneficial
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: EUC Architecture Analyst R9937235’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.