Did you know we are regulated by the FCA and are one of the largest UK General Insurance groups with a significant intermediary business and a medium-sized credit broking operation?
Part of Centrica’s DNA is caring how we deliver energy services and products to our customers.
The Ethics & Compliance team are at the core of making sure these values come to life and we have an exciting opportunity for a FS Ethics & Compliance Advisor to support the Director, FS Governance to make this happen.
If you are experienced in Regulatory compliance relating to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Location: Staines
- Total package: £32k - £47k (depending on experience)
- Help maintain the Regulatory Compliance Framework consisting of the Compliance Terms of Reference; Regulatory Compliance Foot Print; Regulatory Compliance Policy; Annual Compliance Plan and Compliance Handbook.
- Contribute to building, enhancing, maintaining and implementing Governance Maps and Statement of Responsibilities for Senior Managers.
- Support with preparation of content for Induction training for newly appointed Senior Managers and their supporting managers (Responsible Persons).
- Contribute to enhancing and maintaining the Regulatory Risk Universe.
- Maintain relevant, reliable, timely and objective performance metrics within the ComplianceMI Suite.
- Ensure that the information on the Financial Services Register accurately reflects our internal records and arrangements.
- Own and maintain a Compliance forward schedule for all reporting to all Board and Board risk committees within the regulated entities.
- Ensure an effective sign-off and version control process for Compliance documentation and policies is mapped and observed
- Some working experience in the Financial Services Sector
- Technical knowledge of the requirements of the FCA and PRA
- Regulatory compliance experience focused on Regulatory Reporting & Notifications, FCA Interactions, Systems & Controls, Governance, Risk and Compliance operations experience
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into practical considerations and solutions.
- Proven oral and written communication skills with a strong detail and analytical skills.
- Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, company values, business principles and policies.
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo, whilst confronting difficult situations with sensitivity.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Prudential Compliance, Risk & Controls, Conduct, Energy Compliance, HR, Finance) and senior management
- Ability to develop effective and innovative strategies to mitigate conduct risks and secure good outcomes for customers.
- Relevant professional qualifications in Governance, Risk, Compliance, Insurance, Legal eg ICA (Certificate in Compliance) or CII (Certificate in Insurance)
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Compliance Analyst R9929167’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.