Data Governance Manager
The Data Strategy team define what data we need and how we use it responsibly; scan the horizon for better data tools and infrastructure ideas; lead on data architecture; lead the data definitions across the business; manage decision rights/access to data; lead the data privacy strategy for Centrica; propose our data policies and drive Data governance across Centrica.
The Data Governance Manager:Is responsible for establishing a robust data governance organisation across the business with associated data governance roles and operating a data governance function on an ongoing basis
Communicating with subject matter experts to develop and enhance the level of controls across operating processes. The governance manager will also be responsible to ensure implementation and adherence of the governance control mechanisms proposed.
Will coordinate with the relevant teams and individuals to develop data governance framework and will ensure that the necessary data governance and data management policies and processes are created and maintained.
- Define and interpret appropriate data governance policies, processes, guidelines and standards for strategic and tactical data and Insights solutions spanning the lifecycle of data Assets
- Ensure that the data governance policies and control mechanisms are aligned with the business strategy and the operational plans
- Develop fit for purpose business change management plans to enable the effective deployment of data policies and standards
- Deploy company policies relating to data management and governance across the MI and Insights Community for the effective management of information and data.
- Communicate detailed data governance such as standards, methods, process, procedures and definitions to support the application of the data governance function
- Govern artefacts, principle, policy, standards and guidelines for data governance
- Create and maintain a data governance framework and data
- Develop and implement data governance reporting and assurance process
- Proactively manage the data governors across the Centrica community
- Data governace & Management
- Data governance standards interpretation and definition
- Data governance standards implementation
- Business and technical consultancy skills to provide a consultative engagement approach to support effective application of data quality
- Strong written and verbal communication with demonstrable skills in influencing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to lead and manage to completion complex projects and problems with pragmatism.
- Proactive self-starter to identify and act upon opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral presentation capabilities
- Strong leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead virtual/matrix teams
- The ability to positively engage and influence data stakeholders at all levels to drive data education and understanding
Skills and Experience
- Experience of Data Governance and an understanding of the future changes of European law is essential
- Proven track record in the definition, development and application of data governance
- Ability to assess process flows at a granular level to identify potential areas of required data governance
- Experience in designing data governance dashboards to track the performance
- Proven track record of proactively taking initiatives and achieving goals within tight timelines
- Strong understanding of Data Management leading practice and its practical application in diverse environments
- Strong understanding of business systems, process analysis and design.
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Data Governance Manager R9939550’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.