ECO Assurance Manager
This individual has accountability for providing internal assurance that British Gas will meet its Energy Company Obligation (ECO) Quality Assurance (QA) obligations. They will be the ‘Go to’ individual for ECO liaison with OFGEM for QA including the Technical Monitoring of £100m-£200m of work in customer homes. They will be responsible for managing and developing relationships and performance improvement of external ECO partners.
- Manage and assure the end to end rolling quarterly process required to deliver ECO-qualifying measures and to ensure the measures are approved as part of British Gas’ overall obligation, across all channels.
- Ensure that quality standards prescribed for external channel and delivery partners are met, collecting evidence that supports ECO claims, maintaining a robust audit trail.
- Manage and develop relationship with delivery partners resulting in overall increased performance, this will include regular calls and meetings
- Involve partners in any changes in the ECO compliance requirements including updating governance documents, reports, policy, processes and systems.
- Identify and propose changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist with the investigation of non-compliant work, measuring assurance levels on the quality of any work in question
- Maintain and deliver MI reporting on compliance performance across channels, and develop new insight to improve partner support or adapt to changes in requirements.
- Forecast future requirements, and ensure that compliance work is appropriately distributed.
- Assist with implementation of revised system and the associated change management activity.
- Responsible for and supported by a team of three.
- Manage exceptions to the monitoring process, putting in place appropriate remediation plans where required. Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making
- Demonstrable experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment.
- Proven skills of carrying out audit, controls and/or compliance activities in a regulated retail organisation.
- Ability to build strong and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A team builder and leader with a passion for excellent customer delivery
- Experience in optimising and improving end to end processes to drive efficiencies.
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An understanding of the ECO arrangements would be beneficial
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: ECO Assurance Manager R9929127’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.