MI Senior Business Analyst
The Management Information (MI) team is part of the wider Data Insights & Customer Value Management (DICVM) team, that are responsible for supporting the core business units with all of their customer insight and management information needs. The vision for the team is “Putting customers and data at the heart of decision-making”.
The MI team are responsible for the delivery of a suite of business performance management services, which includes: daily operational reporting, regular business performance reporting, Executive level KPI reporting and external regulatory reporting.
The MI Senior Business Analyst's primary objective is helping Centrica implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the business requirements, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders and to the design and delivery teams within the MI function.
The Centrica MI delivery team follow a Steady Speed Agile delivery methodology. As such the MI Senior Business Analyst works directly with the business Product Owner to define requirements and to facilitate prioritisation decisions, balancing business benefit against ease of delivery. Working in close collaboration with the MI design and developments teams to ensure that all decisions reflect the most accurate solution information available.
They expand initial business requirements into detailed user stories and functional specification, working with business and technical stakeholders to group these into release plans for sprint delivery. The MI Senior Business Analyst understands technical restrictions and options allowing them to support the Product Owner with decision making, issue resolution and prioritisation decisions.
The MI Senior Business Analyst will also use their understanding of requirements to drive the design, review test cases, manage change, delivery scope, user acceptance, training, deployment and solution adoption during warranty.
- Managing a pool of Business Analysts, Junior Business Analysts on a rotating basis with the other Senior Business Analysts
- Coach and mentor team members in best practice approaches and business analysis tools and techniques.
- Assisting with project business cases
- Planning and, monitoring and driving delivery of MI products to the business
- Eliciting and rationalising business requirements as well as challenging business benefit assumptions where required.
- Capturing and where appropriate documenting business processes to support requirements gathering and gap analysis.
- Management of requirements repositories and backlog
- Creating functional specifications for delivery including conceptual and logical data models
- Capturing and defining new business rules and managing change to those already in existence.
- Capturing non-functional requirements and liaising with technical teams to validate feasibility
- Creating training materials and driving utilisation of MI solutions
- Supporting the business in monitoring and reporting Return on Investment assessment for new MI solutions.
- Assist business areas in leveraging the use of existing solutions and the MI data repository.
- Support technical teams and business users in defining effective visualisations, dashboards and scorecards.
- Ensure that all MI solutions comply with corporate data governance and security policies and procedures.
- Manage and support user acceptance testing and the transition through warranty into full support
- Translate technical challenges into transparent business terminology to promote understanding of the complexities involved in delivery of MI.
- Evangelise the use of information to support business decisions at British Gas
- Work with data stewards to promote the resolution of data issues at source sharing these challenges with business stakeholders
- Effective partnering and networking with internal customers across all BG directorates.
- Partner with business areas where required to provide insight and commentary on information provided by the MI team to support business benefit realisation.
- Ensure the appropriate review of information variance is undertaken using business operational knowledge including root cause analysis and development of mitigation plans covering people, processes, systems and metrics
- Significant experience of interpreting business needs and transitioning these into delivery of strategic MI.
- Ability to identify and articulate the 'art of the possible' and translate this into MI that can take the business forward
- Proven capability to remain delivery focussed in a busy environment
- Demonstrable experience of having delivered valued MI in a broad business environment
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: MI Senior Business Analyst R9939501’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.