Director of Insights & ROMI, (Return on Marketing and Investment)
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director you’ll ensure high quality customer and market insights are generated across Centrica Group and used to drive marketing and business decisions.
A key accountability will be to drive improved return on marketing investment (ROMI) performance across Centrica by strengthening Business Unit's (BU’s) ROMI capabilities.
What will you be up to
- Establishing guidelines regarding customer and market research and analysis, including customer segmentation
- Lead the establishment and execution of a standardised approach to measuring and reporting on Return on Marketing Investments (ROMI) across Centrica
- Generate and communicate customer and market insights that Centrica needs to inform strategic decisions that cut across or sit outside of BUs' current operations
- Advises BUs on conducting market and customer research and generating and using market and customer insights to drive business decisions
- Advise business units on building ROMI capabilities and assessing Return on Marketing Investment
- Serve as the voice of the customer within Corporate Centre
- Identify, disseminate, and drive adoption of internal and external best practices in generating and using customer and market insights to drive decisions
- Identify, disseminate, and drive adoption of internal and external best practices in measuring and using ROMI; push Centrica to develop world-class ROMI capabilities
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- A graduate degree in econometrics, statistics, marketing, business or similar field
- Skilled in the application of customer/market insights and measuring/application of ROMI to drive business decisions
- Deep knowledge of customer/market research and ROMI (including econometrics, media evaluation/testing, market mix modelling and analytical techniques, methodologies, and tools
- Strong analytical skills, adept at distilling insights from complex data
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate complex topics simply and compellingly
- Strong stakeholder management and influence skills; ability to navigate across and exert influence on multiple stakeholder groups
- Results-oriented; adept at driving action based on insights
- Ability to communicate complex topics simply and compellingly
- Self-motivated, resilient, and positive with a "can-do" attitude
- Experience building / strengthening customer insight and ROMI capability within a large, multi-national company and embedding it into decision making
- Track record of driving business results through generation and communication of actionable insights across ROMI and other areas (Marketing, Propositions, Customer Experience etc)
- Track record of leading teams whose ROMI analysis consistently translated into action and delivered demonstrable financial results including building the capability from scratch ideally
- Experience developing customer segmentation and embedding it in business operations
- Extensive experience communicating insights and ROMI analysis to senior business leaders to drive decisions
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Director of Insights & ROMI, (Return on Marketing and Investment) R9938226’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.