MI Design Manager
The Management Information (MI) team is part of the wider Data Insights & Customer Value Management (DICVM) team, that are responsible for supporting the core business units with all of their customer insight and management information needs. The vision for the team is “Putting customers and data at the heart of decision-making”.
The MI Design Manager delivers MI capability and prototype solutions using innovative technical and development methods. Solutions designed by this team will be developed by the MI development teams to improve Centrica’s MI infrastructure. You will use your Business Intelligence and architecture knowledge and skills to lead the development and implementation of world-class MI reporting to collaboratively make timely and effective decisions.
- Lead and take accountability for the work of the MI design team.
- Mentor and coach technical resources (People Management).
- Approve and be accountable for logical and technical solution designs together with the MI Solution Designer.
- Provide project design estimates to the MI Planning Manager.
- Ensure availability and resource of MI for improvements of the MI environment.
- Manage and optimise the design process ensuring quality gates are in place and adhered to.
- Produce architectural solution papers to support with resolution of technical debt and to apply the latest industry thinking in MI deliveries.
- Create centralised library of best practice documentation covering data modelling, data transformation, physical implementation, quality assurance, publication and exploitation.
- Take full ownership that new solutions, reports and code provided by the MI developers complies with design standards, principles and best practices.
- Ratify, peer review and take accountability for data models created in response to requirements gathered for MI solutions.
- Provide expertise and guidance to analytical communities on the best use of the MI data estate.
- Proven experience of leading or managing a team of MI professionals.
- Demonstrable responsibility for a holistic MI arena.
- Significant experience of designing MI and modelling solutions.
- Proven capability to build beneficial internal and external stakeholder relationships.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: MI Design Manager R9939294’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.