Power - Lead Portfolio Manager
Shift trader providing value add optimisation of BGT trading position, route to market contracts, PPAs and scheduling of Centrica assets, as well as Proprietary trading, ensuring compliance with all internal and industry regulatory obligations.
- Real time trading on intra-day basis to optimise value around our Power assets and Asset backed trading positions
- Optimise the value of our Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) and Rote to market contracts
- Compliance with internal risk and industry regulatory responsibilities
- Proprietary Book trading in day ahead and intra-day markets
- Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Carry out day to day tasks self sufficiently
- Ad hoc tasks as indicated by the Power Shift Management Team
- Asset staff
- Tolling Partners
- PPA contacts
- Other operations team members
- Generation Planning & Logisitics management team
- System operators and exchanges
- Internal functions/responding to queries from internal functions e.g. Back Office, Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, IS, Transportation
Key Success Factors:
- Work within the team to add value through effective Power & Gas position management as well as the Balancing Mechanism (BM), trading opportunities, Route to Market services and Proprietary trading.
- Development of self and others to achieve and consistently produce performance as expected in this high performance role.
- Successful & safe execution of all operational tasks within set timeframes.
- Working understanding of internal IT infrastructure for shift desk systems.
- Push to improve the team from day one.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Open to new ideas and ways of working
- Proactively and effectively shares knowledge with others
- Able to challenge others and accept challenge
- Influences opinion to achieve optimal decision making
- Understands priorities, is able to prioritise and sees the bigger picture
- Team Player
- Seeks guidance where appropriate
- Self-motivated & desire to learn
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Identify issues & recommend solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- High numerical reasoning ability
- Experience of power station economics
- Experience in the power industry and understanding of market drivers in the UK & Europe
- Understanding of Market and Credit Risk
- Ability to give & receive feedback constructively
- Experience of the drivers behind power asset optimisation
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Power - Lead Portfolio Manager R9938505’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.