Client Service Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Client Service Analyst, a member of the Key Client Services team, is primarily responsible for managing his/her portfolio of Direct Energy Business’s highest valued customers and brokers by providing superior personalized customer service. This position requires regular interaction with multiple functional groups to assist in the management and of his/her portfolio of customers and brokers, as it relates to customer service. He/She must perform analysis and problem resolution, and contribute to the development of new processes and procedures to enable delivery of an outstanding customer experience geared towards retaining and expanding the customer relationship.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred
- 3-5 years of customer facing experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines, while working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Can work independently to perform analytics related to complex problem solving related to customers’ electricity and natural gas accounts
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding of North American gas and power markets and competitors would be considered an asset
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all lifecycle interactions as it relates to high value customers and brokers across all product offerings and markets served by Direct Energy
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships in order to expedite accurate and timely issue resolution for customer and broker portfolio.
- Proactively manage end-to-end service delivery for customers’ and brokers’ portfolio to ensure timely customer on-boarding (enrollment, welcome and account set-up), billing and collection activity including resolution and management of all issues originating during the customer lifecycle
- Resolve complex customer issues and requests related to contracts, billing and payment across multiple systems and product offerings, working in conjunction with relevant functional groups to ensure resolution at first contact
- Coordinate and complete daily/monthly/quarterly customer or broker reports, analyzing for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in helping reduce operating expenditures by championing electronic billing and payment activity across entire customer base, acting as the liaison between technical teams
- Act as lead for Direct Energy’s customer portal, MyAccount, as it relates to activities supporting the Key Client Services customer and broker portfolio
- Assess and suggest new methodologies which may be helpful in the overall support of the Key Customer Service customer base as well as maintain the existing processes and procedures to eliminate or re-develop those that have become obsolete
- Proactively engage assigned customers and brokers on a regular basis to ensure service delivery is aligned with their expectation and highlights insights to direct Manager
- Focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience as measured by Net Promoter Score or other surveys and proactively take action to address gaps in service delivery as highlighted
- Assist in related initiatives to improve customer experience across the business including but not limited to training Customer Relations Representatives on an ad-hoc basis
- Support new and existing projects which help to increase the productivity of the Key Client Service Team as well as the operational departments as a whole
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text