Are you interested in an opportunity as a Developer with Centrica?
Initially you will be involved in a pioneer project that will change the landscape of the energy market; eventually you will have the opportunity to be involved in different projects and be exposed to different technologies.
What will you be doing?
- Working initially as a front-end engineer on the pioneering trial, you will contribute to the technical implementation of features for the product. You will also eventually be involved in back end development
- Ensuring a high level of automated test coverage so we can iterate quickly and effectively
- Shaping the evolution of your product by looking at customer feedback, analytics, trends and opportunities along with the rest of the product team
- Reviewing code and technical designs from your peer developers
- Sharing development best practices and ideas
- Contributing to open source initiatives. We love open source!
- Attending various meet ups and conferences to keep you up to date with the latest trends
You should possess this required experience:
- Experience developing with RESTful APIs for web applications
- Experience with agile engineering practices
- Personal drive to stay updated with the latest web application technology trends and practices
- A passion to build and ship engaging, innovative web applications to market quickly
Ideally, you will also have:
- Ideally experience in NodeJS
- Experience in building cloud native applications would a nice to have
- Portfolios, demos of your work that will blow us away!
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Full-Stack Developer R9934629’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.