Hedging Execution Analyst
The Energy Supply Hedging team provides route to market services for Centrica’s UK Consumer and Business energy supply businesses and delivers optimisation services directly to a portfolio of industrial & commercial customers.
The team is responsible for implementation and execution of hedging strategies for the entire UK gas and power portfolio:
- Consumer accounts for c.40% of the total gas and c.20% of the total electricity consumer demand in the UK
- Business consists of Small Medium Enterprise (SME) and Industrial & Commercial (I&C) customers with a collective annual demand equating to around c.8% of the total gas and electricity demand of UK businesses.
The Senior Hedging Execution Analyst will be a part of a team that operates in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment, bridging Centrica’s Consumer and Business divisions, Energy Marketing & Trading and other Group functions. The team is responsible for providing commercial insight to our supply businesses and customers through market analysis and their in-depth knowledge of UK energy markets.
Hedging Execution, Commodity Pricing and Commercial Insight
- Fulfilling the energy procurement requirements for both UK Consumer and Business divisions.
- Efficient execution of orders with trading teams, ensuring compliance with all EM&T and Centrica policies.
- Point of contact for external customers to meet energy procurement transactions, market information or price request.
- Ownership of commodity pricing models and methodologies.
- Pro-actively identify short term changes to the commodity environment, then develop and propose targeted tactical adjustment to the hedging approaches.
- Analyse and clearly communicate the multiple risks facing the supply businesses and propose risk mitigating strategies.
- Help develop and evaluate hedging approaches together with Consumer and Business divisions and establish policies and risk frameworks to enact these.
Reporting and Continuous Improvement
- Provide continuous position reporting and clear communication of approach for pro-active position management, adhering to agreed strategies and risk parameters.
- Effective and clear communication of current market information within the wider Energy Supply Hedging team.
- Ability to develop KPI’s to track performance of tactical changes to pre-agreed hedging strategies.
- Significant experience in UK gas and power commodity markets, through trading, fundamentals, risk management, and/or pricing.
- Knowledge of global commodity and financial markets such as crude oil, LNG, European Gas & Power, FX is highly desirable.
- Previous experience of dealing directly with customers - goes beyond to help and support colleagues and customers.
- Good understanding of different risks within variable price and fixed price supply portfolios.
- Thorough understanding of options – pricing, risk and risk management.
- Ability to develop risk management tools & metrics.
- Strong communication skills – ability to explain complex analysis concisely.
- Focused on detail and have a results-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex models & data management systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA, PowerBI, Access. Database / SQL experience is desirable but not essential.
Salary: Competitive & benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Hedging Execution Analyst R9938854’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.