Commercial Manager (Secondment/FTC)
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Distributed Energy Commercial Manager to join our ENER-G business in Salford, Manchester. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
- Location: Salford, Manchester (office based with travel as required)
- Role: 9-12 month Secondment/Fixed Term Contract.
The role of the Commercial Manager is to support the day to day management and development of the new Distributed Energy (DE) business. This is a great opportunity to gain experience of providing commercial support and guidance together with business partnering in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as we build the DE business. The Commercial Manager will also support the broader work of the business development and commercial work streams to determine structure, solutions and contracts required to build the business. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting business units by promoting commercial awareness to develop consistent standards across DE, including; ensuring the use of the business standard terms where applicable and updating and maintaining Commercial Quality Management Systems
- Supporting the development of DE proposition for customers with the sales team and understand the value to be created in the technologies involved
- Play a key role in commercial and legal work streams around delivery contracts to the business, carry out risk analysis of third party terms and conditions to asses risk/implications of key clauses and to identify potential contractual risks and minimise these, negotiate with clients / customers on commercial and legal issues, drafting and re-drafting of contract clauses where applicable
- At times work with large industrial & commercial customers and project teams to present complex commercial & technical solutions to an uneducated audience
- Provide assistance to the project management team by creating, drafting and executing ‘back to back’ subcontracts for large scale projects, in particular working alongside projects and the subcontractors to execute these
- Ensure company procedures are adhered to, including but not limited to Risk Management Guide to Contracts, Commercial Quality Procedure, Human Resources, Information Systems, Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Protection
- Within the commercial team, the role definition will evolve, and the person will substantially influence the prioritisation and shaping of the objectives going forward
- Enthusiastic and driven individual who has a proactive approach and wants to make a difference
- The successful candidate should have a strong drive for continuous improvement, advanced commercial acumen and excellent analytical skills
- Confident and effective communicator with ability to build relationships and communicate complex messages to internal and external customers
- Eye for the detail and ability to communicate succinctly
- Excellent organisation and planning skills to deliver results accurately and on time in pressure situations
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skill essential
- Numerate with analytical and problem solving abilities and a strong academic background
- Energy industry knowledge preferable, a quick learner with an inquisitive mind and a desire to learn more
- Degree level qualification in law/business (preferable)
- Broad experience, potentially with exposure to
- Contract, legal, and technical due diligence
- Some experience of being part of £1m+ transactions preferable, within a commercial or technical setting
- Broad commercial background with considerable exposure to energy services contracts, and understanding of technical requirements
Location: Salford, Manchester (office based with travel as required)
Role: 9-12 month Secondment/Fixed Term Contract.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Commercial Manager (Secondment/FTC) R9938678’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.