Business Analysis Manager
Responsible for managing, identifying, documenting and communicating a large or complex project’s or programme’s requirements and developing target processes and procedures, sometimes with responsibility for a number of BAs and their deliverables for a particular programme or large project.
- Works across business, Change and IS teams to investigate and define requirements for a programme or project.
- Through analysis and investigation determine the business requirements and understands their impact on systems, processes, procedures and management information
- Evaluation and analysis of identified requirements, to determine target processes and user testing requirements
- Analyses the business problem and facilitates the development of business requirements through discussions, workshops & interviews with business subject matter experts
- Identifies underlying business issues arising from investigations into the high level business requirements and identifies potential changes to requirements to address these
- Documents business requirements including translation into detailed functional specifications
- Specifies the reporting requirements, assisting in the definition of standard and ad-hoc report requirements
- Documents non-functional requirements
- Reaches formal agreement of the detailed business requirements, including functional and non- functional requirements
- Supports IS in understanding business requirements so that they can produce technical designs
- Support operational designers in understanding the business requirements and target processes as they design the operational capabilities
- Develop detailed target process designs, procedures and the key data required
- Providing input for test processes, documenting user acceptance tests and supporting the Business with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to validate that the business requirements have been met
- Providing input to the implementation team, where required, on how the new solution will work and help with the creation of any deployment materials
- For larger, more complex programmes / projects, co-ordinate the work of other BAs to ensure the aggregate requirements and target processes are comprehensive and coherent
- Support the Project Manager to reach formal agreement / sign off of content of the required stage documentation with the key stakeholders
- Support the Practice Lead in the development, maintenance and application of Business Analysis best practice
- Coaches and supports BA colleagues as necessary
UK Change Generic Responsibilities
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate
- Will be provided with work on an assignment basis – timescales of which may vary depending on the nature of the assignment/project. Assignments could be within any of the change disciplines within British Gas
Commercial Know How
- Managing for Value
- Understanding Centrica
- Understanding our Customers
Building Great Relationships
- Impact and Influencing Skills
- Confidence and Credibility
- Effective Networking
Making Change Happen
- Stakeholder Management
- Effective Decision Making
- Change Management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent prioritisation and coordination skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines under pressure
- Be logical and methodical paying attention to detail
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively to senior managers
- Possesses ability to produce summary and detailed requirements documentation
- Strong team player
- Delivery and support orientation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- Great problem solving skills
- Self motivated and adaptable
- Strong MS Office Skills (including Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace with changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure, performance focussed environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Knowledge of best practices and up-to-date industry standards and ideas for Business Analysis. Experience in working within programmes and projects.
- Advanced proficiency level in utilising Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook - Seasoned communicator
- Understanding of UK change and project management methodologies and processes. Understanding of UK Change Governance process.
- Preferable external PM/BA qualification
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Business Analysis Manager R9938859’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com