Head of Webchat
The Head of Web-Chat will Lead the development and management of our Web-Chat service across the website and mobile app. You will develop our web-chat strategy, execute initiatives to improve web-chat performance, manage strategy and deployment of website/app chat triggers, and manage on-going effectiveness to support web chat growth in digital sales and customer service channels.
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives to significantly improve Web-chat performance across sales and self-serve journeys, working in partnership with relevant Customer Operations teams
- Monitor and report on Web-chat performance and identify areas of improvements to meet commercial targets
- Working with IS to develop the best Web-chat platform for our needs
- Working with contact centre teams, develop the optimum operational model to support Web-chat services and ensuring we maximise agent efficiency in web-chat conversions
- Strategically lead the planning process for Web-chat, including developing the annual and Three Year Plans
- Spread the knowledge of Web-chat services enabling Digital and other teams to leverage the opportunities for further use of chat
- Mange the relationship and commercial terms with our web chat platform provider
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Proven experience of developing web-chat services in a large blue chip company
- Track record of optimising web chat services for sales, self serve and contact deflection
- Proven experience of managing web chat as a contact deflection channel and experience of leveraging web-chat for sales and service improvements
- Ability to process and data interrogation data and communicate to wide audience of stakeholders
- Excellent numerical & analysis skills
- Effective vendor management allied with commercial acumen
- Ability to demonstrate an abundance of business drive, a focus to deliver results and drive business performance. Effective decision making
- Ability to engage, influence and win support of senior stakeholders
- Ability to confidently manage multiple stakeholders and negotiate differences of opinion to provide best customer experience and business outcomes
- Comfort in ambiguity, creates momentum and direction through uncertainty
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Actively leads, seizes responsibility and remains open to new ideas
- A proven ability to translate data into actionable insight - Track record of leveraging digital analytics to support commercial decision making
- Pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Champions change activity
- Creates and leads a diverse team, prioritises people leadership
- Engages and supports in challenging environments, facilitates innovation in others
Self awareness/positive development orientation:
- Seeks out, learns from and transfers best practices internally and externally
- Strong levels of self-drive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work independently
- First class communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to simplify complex information
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Head of Webchat R9938534’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.