Asset Optimisation Account Manager
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Asset Optimisation Account Manager.
To build and manage the enduring customer facing function of the optimisation of a portfolio of customer assets initially of around 20MW but with the potential to expand to over 200MW within the next two years. The successful candidate will co-ordinate with the client, the other UK&I Distributed Energy functions and the Merchant Power Customer Assets Operations Manager in order to ensure capture the various revenue streams realised through the dispatch of customer distributed assets around the UK.
Frequent travel to national client sites and Centrica offices/plants is to be expected.
Main accountabilities and responsible for:
- Contract and customer account management from mobilisation throughout the life of the contract
- Developing, agreeing, operationalising and change management of the customer optimisation plan in liaison with the optimisation team and in turn clearly communication and monitoring customer obligations
- Maximising performance of the contract and for meeting contractual obligations including ensuring the optimisation team are aware of customer specific requirements which need to be fed into optimisation strategy
- Monitoring and reporting individual and portfolio contract performance against KPIs for HSE, quality, cost and time
- Internally communicating contract particulars
- Ensuring that soft optimisation specific enabling works (e.g. data collection, registration of the asset, etc.) are included within the delivery phase and information is gathered in a timely manner in liaison with the optimisation team
- Change control including fuel type, regulatory, upgrade management, etc
- Ensuring the optimisation team have set-up the customer correctly in order for the to dispatch of a portfolio of distributed customer assets to capture TRIADs, respond to capacity market warnings and to deliver any ancillary services contracts that the assets are contracted to provide
- Ensuring direct and robust communication routes are established between the customer and the optimisation manager to ensure that dispatch patterns are communicated and to forecast fuel consumption to facilitate fuel level management
- Ensuring that customer operations are not negatively impacted by our actions, key first point of escalation for the customer if there are operational concerns or issues
- Liaising with the Merchant Power Customer Asset Operations manager to ensure a smooth interface with the wider business for any issues that arise during the course of the contract. Escalating issues to line management if necessary
- Knowledge of customer relationship management
- Knowledge of a recognised project and risk management methodology
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at various levels of seniority
- Commercial acumen with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assimilating key information from complicated documentation and distilling down into key deliverables
- A Knowledge of UK power markets, particularly ancillary services and the balancing market beneficial but not essential
- Experience Managing B2B service contracts ideally in an energy and/or Operation & Maintenance sector
- Honours Degree or equivalent in a relevant numerate discipline desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Asset Optimisation Account Manager R9937807’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary: Competitive and excellent company benefits