Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Metering Analyst.
The role will lead the metering registration and testing processes for DE&P customer propositions in National Grid ancillary and Capacity Markets. It will also support all functions including Sales, Optimisation, Design and Engineering, Commercial, Construction, O&M, Contracts management to ensure that the right metering technical advice is provided to project teams to meet metering regulation for compliance to Optimisation regulations and ensure sites comply.
This position can be based at Windsor or Brigg. Moderate to high level of travel to UK customer sites is to be expected.
- Technical Specifications: Assess metering requirements on each project, gain relevant internal and external compliance confirmations and provide technical expertise to work with manufacturers specifications for the best solution, working with Engineering and design.
- Metering Submissions: DEP’s specialist in the technical metering submission requirements for processes such as the capacity market and draw together required information from a variety of sources to successful complete any metering submissions to external authorities such as Elexon.
- Technical Project delivery: Advise the solution design and delivery of metering in UK Distributed Energy projects across a range of products including CHP, Solar, LED lighting, Building Energy Management Systems, HVAC, Gas and Diesel Generation, Electric Vehicle Charging and Battery Storage.
- Proposition mobilisation: Lead the construction mobilisation of technical metering solutions to support new propositions (e.g. optimisation, batteries, DSR).
- Interfaces: Provide the single point of contact for metering in the DE&P business and support the management of the programme interfaces across Distributed Energy Functions.
Health & Safety:
- Meet all relevant health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements for work programmes and ensure the team complies with these
- Champion a proactive culture of continuous improvement around health and safety and help integrate high performance in project delivery through key processes
A person with either specialist metering experience:
- Energy Markets: Extensive knowledge and understand of metering in the UK energy markets, including meter registrations, specification and requirements in energy markets
- Electrical : Electrical knowledge and extensive experience of working on metering, electrical and construction projects
..and/or technical project management experience in an energy or construction environment:
- Project management: Strong process and administrative abilities. Highly organised and process driven, yet also able to see the bigger picture
- Effective decision making: The ability to make decisions based on limited information from multiple parties
- Communication: Good communication with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and customer relationship management skills
- Value: ability to identify key commercial drivers and prioritise them
- Information Technology: MS Project, PowerPoint & Excel, scheduling software
- A proactive, driven, collaborative self-starter who can take people with them, working across business units and disciplines
- Strong Technical engineering skills and effective decision making that challenge the status quo and deliver business goals
- The ability to influence and build trusted relationships at all levels of the business
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to manage, lead and drive change with the capacity to work flexibly and calmly under pressure
- Numerate with analysis and reporting skills
- Electrical Solution Design, specifically around metering
- Experience of project delivery in an energy environment / construction environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing simultaneous projects in a fast moving delivery focused environment
Desirable but not essential:
- Electrical Engineer
- Meter Operation Code of Practice Agreement (MOCOPA).
- Electrical Qualifications e.g.
- C&G – 2377 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- C&G – 2382 Electrical Installation
- Project Management Qualifications such as APM
Salary: Competitive and excellent company benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Metering Analyst R9937459’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.