Business Operations Programme Manager
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Business Operations Programme Manager.
We are looking for an experienced individual to build and drive the improvement of our business operations and systems. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the role will focus on improving the way our business operates by defining and improving our key business processes. The individual will work end to end along the customer journey across sales, commercial, engineering, construction, O&M, contractor management and with the group and global functions. They will review and challenge our processes, putting simplicity first. They will create the culture and processes to manage HSE, protect margin and deliver projects on time, championing DE&P values.
- Process development and improvement: Work with the Business Operations Manager to refine and improve the current business processes across DE UK&I teams, group and global functions. Support the implement of new products and services into DE UK&I, defining processes and driving the delivery in line with our delivery strategy.
- Operating model & business integration: Support the continually improvement of our end to end operating model. Drive the delivery of strategic business operational change initiatives.
- System improvement: Support the implementation of IS projects as required, ensuring alignment with DE UK&I teams, group and global functions.
- Budget management: help Build and develop a high performing team. Develop business cases for funding from central sources for key business improvement projects. Monitor budget spend and communicate spend against budget regularly with the Business Operations Manager.
- Standards and compliance: Ensure DE UK&I processes & systems meet required standards both for Centrica and for our customers. Work closely with the quality team to establish our business management system.
- Operational improvement: An understanding of how energy, construction, O&M and optimisation businesses operate.
- Process improvement: Ability to understand, analyse and implement practical improvements to key business processes.
- System implementation: Programme & change management experience in business processes and change. Ability to translate business processes into IS systems through process mapping and process transformation and solution development.
- Change delivery: Experience programme managing change initiatives outside of an IS environment (business focused delivery)
- Stakeholder management: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across the business, both senior, peers and those more junior
- DE UK&I is a new business in Centrica and the role will include mastering significant operational ambiguity. The individual must be strong in agility to help support in the defining and solving of complex operational problems
- A proactive, collaborative self-starter who can take people with them, working across business units and disciplines
- Ability to manage, lead and drive change with the capacity to work flexibly and calmly under pressure
- Sound written and presentation skills as well as excellent general communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the business’s key performance indicators and operational ways of working
- Experience in process mapping, process improvement and business transformation outside of an IS environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing simultaneous projects in a fast moving delivery focused environment
- APM qualification an advantage
- Degree (desired)
Competitive salary plus excellent company package.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Business Operations Programme Manager R9937518’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.