Within Day Optimisation Manager
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Within Day Optimisation Manager.
To manage the operation of a portfolio of customer distributed assets initially of around 20MW of customer assets but with the potential to expand to over 200MW within the next two years. The role will co-ordinate with the contract manager and optimisation teams to facilitate the dispatch of customer distributed assets around the UK in order to capture various revenue streams as defined by the UK&I commercial team and Asset Optimisation team.
This role can be based from Peterborough or Windsor and does involve regular travel.
Main accountabilities and responsible for:
- Delivering dispatch of a portfolio of distributed customer assets to capture TRIADs, respond to capacity market warnings and to deliver any ancillary services contracts that the assets are contracted provide to National Grid
- Ensuring the NEAS solution for dispatch is delivered and aligned with the construction and commissioning of grid enablement projects for customer assets to facilitate remote scheduling of services to National Grid
- Registration of customer assets onto the NEAS Direct system, setting up and maintaining technical and commercial parameters to ensure that the right dispatch decisions are made
- Acts as the point of co-ordination with the NEAS team to ensure that the right schedule is built to facilitate energy market running when the asset is not committed to provide other services
- Liaising with the operational customer representatives to ensure that dispatch patterns are communicated and to forecast fuel consumption to facilitate fuel level management if required
- Ensuring that customer contractual service level agreements are met and for delivering the services to capture revenues identified in the business case for the customer assets
- Liaising with the customer account manager and optimisation team to ensure a smooth interface with the customer for any issues that arise during the course of the contract. Escalating issues to line management if necessary
- In depth knowledge of UK power markets, particularly ancillary services and the balancing market
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at various levels of seniority
- Commercial flair with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assimilating key information from complicated documentation and distilling down into documentation to provide guidance on a wide range of markets
- Power station operational and commercial experience
- Experience of power station operations in the UK, ideally operations coordinator or shift manager level
- Honours Degree or equivalent in a relevant numerate discipline desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Within Day Optimisation Manager R9937809’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary: Competitive and excellent company benefits