Data Quality Analyst
This role sits in the Data Quality team and overall Enterprise Data Operations functions that sits under the Data and Insight and Customer Value Directorate, as part of UK Home, British Gas Residential Customers Business Unit.
The Data Quality team is a business operational function; the team’s main objectives are to:
- Drive improvement activities to ensure data is of the right quality to enable effective processes, commercial and customer outcomes.
- Provide Data Quality analysis and measures to assess the health of British Gas Data ## The role of the data quality analyst is an operational business role with a 60/40% split between business and technical competencies.
The team uses SAS Data Management Studio and SQL to perform data quality analysis on Hadoop and Teradata environments.
Main accountabilities will be:
- Be an active contributor to the Data Improvement Group, the operational data governance forum that manages and prioritise data quality issues for investigation and resolution.
- Take ownership of assigned data issues, defining and driving data improvement action plans engaging across the data community (including IS, Customer Journeys and Data Stewards and other process and data subject matter experts).
- Responsible for leading and performing data quality analysis and data issue investigation that involves system, process and behavioural analysis
- Responsible for sizing data quality issues and performing analysis (including data profiling) to understand root cause and resolution actions.
- Responsible developing automated data jobs to measure, validate and identify data to enable data fixing and enhancement of the data asset.
- A Data Management expert with extensive knowledge of Data Management practices and processes (specifically Data Governance and Data Quality / Data Issues management)
- Must have knowledge and hands on experience SAS Data Management (Dataflux), SQL and Excel.
- A problem solver, with proven planning and change management skills.
- Proficient data quality profiling, analysis and reporting skills with a passion to discover data patterns and create engaging data visualisations from complex analysis to provide precise and clear insight to stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences.
- A highly organised individual and resilient self-starter, with well-rounded interpersonal skills (at all levels) and able to work in a matrix organisation.
- Experience of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience of Hadoop (Hive / Ambari) an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience of SAS Data Integration an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience of Qlikview an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience of producing Data Analysis with a high level understanding of data quality within business processes and systems.
- Knowledge of customer information technologies desirable.
Salary; Competitive + bonus and a competitive package
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Data Quality Analyst R9931406’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.