Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy Business is looking for a competent Event Specialist to oversee and organize customer and employee events that will make an impact to a target audience. Events to include customer, employee, tradeshows and sports hospitality. This individual will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. As the Event Specialist, you will act as a project manager who understands marketing and promotional techniques. Enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and organizational skills required to not leave anything to chance. The ideal candidate will be experienced in conference management, marketing and logistics as well as managing year-long cycles of planning and working within cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent field Minimum of 3-5 years of event coordinating experience
- Prior tradeshow management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders across a complex organizational structure
- Experience working with marketing automation tools such as Marketo or Pardot
- Skilled project management, organization and problem-solving skills
- Energetic and accountable work style/comfortable working under tight timelines and with a sense of urgency even when information may be ambiguous
- A dependable, enthusiastic, extremely detail-oriented multitasker with a “whatever it takes” attitude and pleasing personality
- Computer savvy
- Plan event along with the RMR from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Come up with suggestions to enhance event’s success
- Manage 3rd party vendors and internal resources to meet deliverable timelines Site visits
- Negotiate and secure event space
- Ensure effective financial management - including budget creation, record keeping, cost negotiation and accurate forecasting for each event.
- Manage, track and coordinate sports ticket distribution
- Creativity to develop new and interesting ways to generate booth traffic and deliver our brand/strategic message
- Strategic thinking to help improve ROI and identify opportunities to either expand into new shows or pull back from existing shows where appropriate and with input from the business unit managers
- Provide on-site support and execution for all events
- Monitor industry trends
- Event measurement and analytics
- 20% travel within US (Must be available to work evenings and occasional weekends)
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text