Head of IS Problem Management
Lead the Global Problem Management function focussing on proactive prevention and root cause remediation in accordance with ITIL standards and SLAs to minimise the adverse impact and occurrence of incidents and problems within the IS infrastructure and applications
- Direct and lead diverse teams of technical experts, third party support teams (onshore and offshore), suppliers and business owners, challenging assumptions and fostering effective collaboration to achieve swift identification preventative measures and root cause of incidents
- Deliver all associated IS and business communications in relation to Problems
- Prioritise and deploy resources, responding to rapidly changing circumstances and understand the impacts on customers, agents and field engineers, legal and regulatory compliance, brand value and media exposure
- Analyse and gain insight into problems and trends, challenging the performance of our operation and support teams, taking remedial actions to avoid repeat incidents and delivering measurable reduction in risk •Hold senior leaders to account across IS and the business, recognising their vital role in tackling issues and improving the capability of our organisation to provide stable services
- Create effective relationships between the team and key stakeholders including senior leaders and operational managers across Centrica, earning their confidence, trust and respect
- Communicate clearly and proactively with senior executives and other key stakeholders, avoiding escalations and ensuring common understanding of status and outcomes
- Manage third party support teams, suppliers and service providers effectively, using established governance to hold them accountable and achieve the right outcomes
- Create a clear vision and strategy for the team meeting the rapidly changing demands of the business, for example smart metering, digital channels, connected homes, and dealing with new types of providers such as cloud services
- Manage and develop the team within a culture of total engagement and continuous improvement, reflecting the values of Centrica in all that they do Developing and maintaining operational policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for the Problem Management process. Promote the Problem Management process and educate other areas of Centrica IS in the process
- Positive attitude to developing professional knowledge, expertise and personal skills that lead to increased effectiveness
- Role model for colleagues to aspire to emulate in terms of service delivery, values and leadership behaviours
- Process driven, structured and analytical approach
- Exceptional leadership skills, directing diverse technical and business resources in a matrix organization, including third party suppliers and service providers
- Ability to manage ITIL functions and drive high performance outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, engaging stakeholders at all levels of an organization, maintaining effective relationships
- Exceptional skills in written and verbal communication at all levels in an organization
- Ability to think strategically, problem solve and provide solutions
- Strong people management skills, motivating, developing and building teams
- Ability to work under pressure, setting and managing priorities and delivering outcomes
- Ability to direct 3rd party suppliers and to understand and make best use of commercial contracts and obligations
- Proven experience in senior IS operational roles including leading problem management operations in large scale customer service environments
- Proven leader with the drive and enthusiasm to energise and mobilise both the direct team and all other parties and service providers
- Ability to achieve desired outcomes through influence and negotiation, including via internal IS resources, third party suppliers, business resources and senior executives
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation and build and maintain effective relationships
- A strategic thinker who can solve complex problems and provide robust solutions
- Ability to learn rapidly to meet new challenges whilst maintaining a positive and optimistic outlook
- Demonstrable skills in written and verbal communication at all levels within the organization
- Experience and detailed understanding of all ITIL disciplines, and working knowledge of application and infrastructure technologies
- Experience of managing service delivery via commercial contracts with third parties
- Broad technical understanding of IS technologies
- Budget planning, financial management and development of business cases and cost-benefit analysis
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information and interpret trends
- Process development and improvement skills
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Head of IS Problem Management R9934600’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.