Lead Integration Designer
Centrica’s Digital Technology Services (DTS) team has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Integration Designer to join us in our Staines (West London) offices.
The Lead Integration Designer is responsible for:
- Defining all integration patterns and methods within Digital Enterprise Systems
- Advising and proposing integration solutions for all integration requirements within core systems
- Maintaining an interface catalogue for all core system interfaces (including Data integration)
- Best practices across the integration team
- Owns and manages the interface catalogue and helps plan the delivery of Integration components for new solutions in line with timelines and budgets of approved business-driven programmes whilst supporting the existing Integration landscape
- Through relationships with stakeholders defines the mid-long term integration requirements and plans for delivery through the interface catalogue and change plan projects
- Builds and maintains relationships across the business, suppliers and IS teams
- Promotes collaborative working, knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Responsible for defining and delivering continuous improvements to the integration landscape so that, where applicable, solutions deliver a continuously improving performance to the business
- Ensures interface delivery and changes are agreed across all channels and business units and are fit-for-purpose, do not compromise the reliability of the production service
- Through interface design and planning ensures governance of all interfaces maximising reusability but not compromising on performance or suitability of designed interfaces
- Defines KPI’s to ensure performance criteria of interfaces as part of best practices and interface governance.
- Works closely with Core Systems Strategy & Core Platforms to define integration best practises, standards and interface governance
- The go to person for all new integration requirement and defines which integration technology to use for the business / project requirement
- Ensures buy-in for best practices, patterns and standards across the different IS teams
- Responsible for all integration assets and documentation, ensuring reviews of all delivered interfaces (and assets) are carried out during and after delivery.
- Ensures through the development and support teams that interfaces are effectively monitored and tracked including capacity and performance
- Contributes towards management of third party suppliers supporting the Integration teams’ activities such that they meet required performance levels (effort, time, cost and quality) and helps to review alternate approaches to ensure that the arrangement continues to be the best tactical and strategic option
- Ensures that the SAP Integration team contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of the Interface catalogue and that the Interface catalogue is maintained and available to all interested parties.
- Excellent and extensive hands-on development experience (ideally with SAP integration technologies (eg SAP PI/PP and SAP gateway)
- Through understanding of Integration principles, Service Oriented Architecture as well as REST, JSON protocols.
- Significant experience in designing and developing interfaces in a complex IS environment with multiple integration touch points and methods
- Ability to follow through and ensure successful implementation of complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Ideally experience of working within the Utilities space, ideally with integration to SAP IS-U / CRM
- Extensive hands on experience in managing a large catalogue of interfaces
- Excellent interpersonal skills driving outstanding performance, through coaching, motivating, energising and inspiring people
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Proven experience of working with and managing 3rd parties in a delivery capacity
- Ideally Educated to Degree 1st / 2nd class honours or equivalent experience
- Integration Techno-Functional Consultant with significant experience in developing and designing interfaces
- Exposure and experience of multiple integration platforms
- Significant experience in development and delivery of SAP based integration solution ideally using SAP PI/PO and/or SAP Gateway
- Work experience with integrating within a large complex IS estate where SAP is a key component
- Experience of setting up or running integration governance
- Ability to follow through and ensuring successful implementation of complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience and handson design, governance and development knowledge of EIB/ EAI Integration platforms and protocols such as REST, JSON, SOAP across multi-channel etc
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Lead Integration Designer R9936079’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.