Software Engineer - West Sussex
ENER-G Combined Power Limited is one of the UK’s leading Combined Heat and Power Systems manufacturers, with a worldwide distribution and support network. It’s fully integrated control solutions are able to meet the most complex requirements of modern CHPs.
The controls and monitoring team is responsible for system development, covering a broad range of technical disciplines including hardware and mechanical design, software and enabling global connectivity utilising the latest web technology. This is a role that will provide the right individual with a key involvement in future software platforms to meet the needs of our customers and to support the continued growth of our CHP business.
- Software Engineer - West Sussex
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Under the direction of the Head of Control and Monitoring, the candidate will play a major role in the design and production of software at all stages of the development cycle from the initial brief for proof of concept; through to final deployment.
The position is for a highly motivated, self-starting individual, experienced in the key disciplines; but able to cope with other housekeeping tasks as required in a small development office. (E.g. customer bug fixing, helping support user understanding of the products etc.)
- Design and implement software solutions in manageable iterations, specifically Micro-Service architecture
- Requirement capture and collation, production of lightweight specification
- Assisting in maintaining legacy systems
Core skill requirements:
- Highly knowledgeable in C# and .Net
- Good knowledge of SQL server
- Domain Driven Design, used in Practice
- Importance of Single Responsibility Principle
- How to deliver scalable solutions
- Testing reusable components
- Use of message Brokers
- Code refactoring
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation
Nice to have skills;
- Micro-services previous exposure
Why work with us?
- Greenfield SPA project
- Start-up like feel
- The chosen candidate will be working with passionate, seasoned and highly self-motivated developers
- Superb skill/experience progression
- Opportunity to work on back-end of a distributed system
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Software Engineer - West Sussex R9917834-1’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.